Need dual-link DVI card please help..

1 post in this topic

Ok I've wasted an enormous amount of time and energy on these forums and working on my installation, with no progress or success. I started with my original ATI radeon 1600X pro AGP, which works fine in windows but seems to be impossible to get true DVI out in OSX. So I was told I should get a Nvidia 6 or 7 series which I did, a PNY Geforce 7600GS AGP 512mb, but it seems there is a problem with 512mb ram so I can't get that to work either even after hacking the ROM. I couldn't care less about the graphics card speed, I just want it to work decent with my display, which is a 2560x1600 dell 3007WFP. This monitor ONLY accepts dual-link DVI. Is anyone using dual-link DVI successfully, and if so what exact video card do you have? Unfortunately I'm stuck with AGP I can't afford to redo my whole system right now with a new motherboard that has PCIe. Isn't there some card that will work for me? And what do I have to do to get it to work, use natit, titan, do I have to edit the kexts and do something with my EDID, it's all very unclear to me. I'm really sick of scavanging through posts and wasting endless hours getting nowhere. Someone help me out please...