A trouble trying to restart in OSX86...

pc_guru

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

Yesterday (late afternoon and the night), i did install osx86 in other partition using DVD installer (now i have, 2 osx86 installations: 1.- with tiger-x86-flat.img & 2.- with DVD installer). Well, the trouble is that i can't to restart in the DVD installation, osx86 runs pretty good, but when i hit restart in the menu, then the system lock-up (hang-up in the blue screen with the little spinning gear). I had the same trouble with the tiger-x86-flat.img installation, but i did fix that using the parameter : "platform=X86PC" in booting. I tried to do this same thing with the DVD installation, but i get this message:

Panic (cpu 0 caller 0xC0321D8B): Unable to find driver for this platform: "X86PC"

Debugger called: <panic>...

The message continues, but only do reference to frame addresses. I attached an image below, but it's not clear. What is going on ?. I need a driver (kext) ?. What driver i need (name of file) ?. If i know the driver name then i can to copy it from my another installation. Thanks you. post-13827-1132091230_thumb.jpg

In your Bios, try to disable the "PNP OS INSTALLED" or something like "system hardware and peripherals controlled by the OS".

My friend, i don't believe that something in bios is the trouble, because my installation with tiger-x86-flat.img allows me restart, so i think that is some kext/driver present in that image that wasn't included in DVD version. If someone know what is driver's name, please tell me. Thanks you.

Hi did you use the generic dvd install,or the release1 patch dvd?

Hi, I used Marklar-Tiger.dmg and did patch with Marklar-Tiger-patch-release1.ppf before to burn it, all the MD5 checksums and sizes are ok and the installation also was ok, is only the restart option in the menu.

So why don't you compare your kext folders content of both installation ?

I did it, but there are several kexts more in the HD image than in DVD installation, so i'd like to get only the necesary. Thanks you.