Will version 10.4.9 - help get Nvidia EFI and 512 graphic cards working?

TheDynamo

4 posts in this topic

Because I don't know very much about the OS (in a programming sense) I was wondering about the focus areas (one being graphics)

Would this in any way hinder or help np_ in his trying to get 512 mb graphic cards working on OSX? or is the programming of Nvidia EFI seperate from the OS itself?

I currently have an XPS M1710 with a Geforce 7900 gtx go 512mb graphics card and I am thinking about getting another cheaper 7800 gt go 256 graphics card to see if that will work in the system but was hoping that there would hope of sorting the 512 mb issue before I have to spend some spondoolies.

Thanks for any responses :)

Because I don't know very much about the OS (in a programming sense) I was wondering about the focus areas (one being graphics)

Would this in any way hinder or help np_ in his trying to get 512 mb graphic cards working on OSX? or is the programming of Nvidia EFI seperate from the OS itself?

I currently have an XPS M1710 with a Geforce 7900 gtx go 512mb graphics card and I am thinking about getting another cheaper 7800 gt go 256 graphics card to see if that will work in the system but was hoping that there would hope of sorting the 512 mb issue before I have to spend some spondoolies.

Thanks for any responses :)

The M1710 is a notebook... you know that desktop graphics cards don't work in notebooks, they're not even remotely similar.

So the answer is no, you can't do what you're trying to do.