USB Support

12 posts in this topic

Yeah I got my USB 2.0 External drive to work without having to do anything.  Just plug it in and it's good to go.

Going to check out my camera next.

I plugged in several devices through VMWare, and though I could see them in the Mac's system information screen, they weren't actually recognized by any apps. This included a USB 2.0 flash drive and an iPod.

I plugged in several devices through VMWare, and though I could see them in the Mac's system information screen, they weren't actually recognized by any apps.  This included a USB 2.0 flash drive and an iPod.

yeah me too. i can see my usb-flashdrive in the system inspector, but it wont appear on my desktop. btw im running it under vmware...

I had to disable usb keyboard/mouse support in the bios (ok since I'm using PS/2), but it recognized my camera (Canon Powershot A400 and was able to transfer images off of it). It recognized my Creative Zen Xtra 40GB mp3 player, but I was unable to get iTunes to work with it using the plugin that is available, nor XMJB opensource app, but I'm going to try and compile that for osx86.

Tested my Sony camera... Normal upload usb mode shows up the sony memory stick on the desktop.

Setting the camera to ptp mode...

Automaticly opens up iphoto when usb is plugged in.

Have not tried my epson printer yet... however it works in cups on linux so it should on the apple :rolleyes:... hopefully

• 2 weeks later...