MS Office 2004 works

dazzerjp

6 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

i would like to second it....

ms office 2004 works like a charm on vmware.... though its a little slow on start up and chews ram like no one's business... but, it still works.....

able to open all documents so far..... (tried ppt, doc and excel)

not able to test entourage cos i'm using mail app.... (mail app is very good enuf to access almost every type of mail.... forget abt that entourage and start using mail..... mail starts up faster too)

i would like to second it....

ms office 2004 works like a charm on vmware.... though its a little slow on start up and chews ram like no one's business... but, it still works.....

able to open all documents so far..... (tried ppt, doc and excel)

not able to test entourage cos i'm using mail app.... (mail app is very good enuf to access almost every type of mail.... forget abt that entourage and start using mail..... mail starts up faster too)

can anybody help on the japanese characters problem. I have japanese for finder and everything else.

Word excpets basic hiragana and katakan but not multi bit kanji. I have jp keyboard and language set up in sys pref and everything apart from office works. I heard that ms uses there own language system in word that doesnt connect to the apple kotoeri system.

i have dragged word to the language selector in additional tools and selected jp, but still no joy.

Is there a working working alternative to the piece of s### that is ms office?

openoffice doenst work for me.

• 3 weeks later...