GMA900 package from the Jas 10.4.7

edmund

5 posts in this topic

I used the JaS 10.4.7 Install on my intel board with GMA900 and man it slipped on there like butter, and everything worked right out of the gate.. but for some reason the disc wouldn't boot off my 16x DVDR drive, so I had to install using an older 24x Apple branded CD-ROM drive.

There might be other distros that work as well.. but that JaS 10.4.7 Install DVD is like lightning in a bucket.. at least on my hardware, which is as dead on to the original Apple Developer Machine as you can get with 'off the shelf' parts.

• 4 weeks later...

I suppose i need the kexts from 10.4.7 to get QE/CI, too. At first, i installed the GMA900 10.4.8 package during setup but i got NO QE/CI support. I decided to re-install JaS 10.4.8, this time I did NOT install the GMA900 10.4.8 package until AFTER i setup JaS 10.4.8...Now, i get errors at startup that BOTH 'AppleIntel915.kext' and 'AppleIntegratedFramebuffer.kext' are "not installed properly." What's wrong? Do i replace the kexts with those from 10.4.7? If so, where can i get them from?