Installing tiger-flat.img

Kevin87

7 posts in this topic

Hi i have looked around all over and i cant find out how to get the .img file to install on my 3rd hrad drive. I have tried to dd the code and it gives me an error. can someone tell me a way that i can install this to my 3rd hard drive without linux.

All help will be apresiated, thanks

Hi i have looked around all over and i cant find out how to get the .img file to install on my 3rd hrad drive. I have tried to dd the code and it gives me an error. can someone tell me a way that i can install this to my 3rd hard drive without linux.

All help will be apresiated, thanks

Try to follow this guide : http://www.andrewescobar.com/archive/2005/...l-installation/

This guide treated everything in quite detail for windows installation. Make sure what is your partition number. In your case it may not be partition2. Find it from diskpart.

Here's a tutorial/guide that explains how to install tiger-x86-flat.img using Win XP and dd (Maybe you'll need Partition Magic 8 too) : click here!, i did follow this step-by-step and all work fine !!. Remember your Win XP should be mounted over NTFS partition instead of FAT32.

Thanks for the tutorial, but do you think that this would work on installing it to a second harddrive and if possable how would i do it?

That tutorial also did not work for me. Please could someone give me the easiest tutorial that anyone could find.

Thanks for the tutorial, but do you think that this would work on installing it to a second harddrive and if possable how would i do it?

That tutorial also did not work for me. Please could someone give me the easiest tutorial that anyone could find.

You're welcome. Hmmm, could you, please to write the MD5 (checksum) of your tiger-x86-flat.img file and its size (in bytes) ?. In order to know if you got the right image. That tutorial was designed to work over any HD (master or slave), because it works over a partition. Of course, your HD should be ATA, SATA or IDE never an USB, because this wasn't tested in that type of HD (until where i know it).