4 posts in this topic

First off, my specs:

Athlon 64 3500+ (w/ SSE3)

1 GB XMS RAM

256 MB Geforce 6800 Ultra (PCI-X)

ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe (nForce 4 chipset)

*Version of OSX dubbed "KOTR-MAC-OS-X-PC-ALPHA-1.iso"*

Hard drive being used is a 40GB WD Caviar, IDE as Master on 2nd IDE controller

Okay, so I basically follow the guide verbatim. It suggests to first partition to FAT 32 w/ DOS partition magic and then boot up via the disk. Upon boot up, it says to format the hard drive to a Mac file system. There are several and I chose the one with "journaled", the first one in the list. Starting the installation process, it verifies the disc to be fine, however, about 60% through the installation process, it comes up with a random "Error" message, saying that I need to restart the computer, but giving me no other technical information. It's almost like either the disc, ISO, or hard drive is bad. I don't think it's the ISO or disc, because the OSX verifier verified that the disc was fine and I've installed things on this HDD before. Any advice?

One other things: there is a set of extra files that came with the iso titled "nvidia drivers",but the instructions for installing them and/or using them are sort of ambiguous.

Okay,so after a few tries,it seems I've gotten it to work. A few things I did were:

• added the SYSTEM:X86PC command in the Darwin installer
  • disabled extra fonts
  • had OSX format the HDD during the instasll step
  • installed the SSE3 package

I don't know if it's the 10.4.3 version or not. One thing,however, I noticed is that I cannot seem to get an internet connection or get iTunes to play. Do I need drivers?

Okay,so after a few tries,it seems I've gotten it to work. A few things I did were:
  • added the SYSTEM:X86PC command in the Darwin installer

• disabled extra fonts

• had OSX format the HDD during the instasll step

• installed the SSE3 package

I don't know if it's the 10.4.3 version or not. One thing,however, I noticed is that I cannot seem to get an internet connection or get iTunes to play. Do I need drivers?

check out the hcl at wiki for more info about supported modems. u can't get the drivers for nforce chipset, since they are not natively supported and legally too.

for itunes to work you will need to enable rosetta in the get info panel of the Applications by right clicking the iTunes icon.