Tiles on start up

ipodrulz

5 posts in this topic

help!!! 9/10th of the time I try to boot into mac OSX the interface will come out with colour tiles as the background.. It seems like all the pixels have been rearanged.... the top bar is 7/10th white and 3/10th black... It pisses me off. I have to restart around 9 times in order for it to go back to normal... Thanx in advance

help!!! 9/10th of the time I try to boot into mac OSX the interface will come out with colour tiles as the background.. It seems like all the pixels have been rearanged.... the top bar is 7/10th white and 3/10th black... It pisses me off. I have to restart around 9 times in order for it to go back to normal... Thanx in advance

I am going to take a wild guess and say that you have not done a real in depth search of the forums here.

In any case, you need to boot into windows first then do a warm restart into OSX. What is happening is that the video card has dynamic memory which is not recognized by OSX. I would also say that the 1% of the time it did work was when you restarted from a windows session.

Did that help?

Wait...... how do i do a "Warm".... restart???

Warm restart means, to a) click on "restart" in windows, or a little harder, ;) press the reset button. Cold

start/restart means, you have to completely shut down the PC, and start it again. So power off, b4 you start

OSX.