(This Hardware Configuration is not Supported by Darwin/x86. (3))

Braveheart

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone know a workaround for this problem?

I Have a compaq Evo N1000v Laptop 10.4.3 install disk and when i boot i get this message.

(This Hardware Configuration is not Supported by Darwin/x86. (3)

Is there a workaround or do i have to wait for the Guru's to do there magic. :(:)

Does anyone know a workaround for this problem?

I Have a compaq Evo N1000v Laptop 10.4.3 install disk and when i boot i get this message.

(This Hardware Configuration is not Supported by Darwin/x86. (3))

Is there a workaround or do i have to wait for the Guru's to do there magic. :):huh:

The 10.4.3 disc isnt patched yet and has protection on there to try and lock it to the developer machines so until the problem is worked on and a way around it is found then you cant use it. Although when it is patched it will probably only work on very similar machines to the dev kit pc..... for it to work on generic machines it will need to be patched like the one for the 10.4.1 disc.

Install via PearPC and then recover that partition to the place you want.

That is one way of workaround.

Have you been following the scene? Currently there is NO KNOW WAY to boot 10.4.3 on a non Dev X86 PC though it is being worked on. If there was, i'd be doing it.

See post by Sbeehre

Install via PearPC and then recover that partition to the place you want.

That is one way of workaround.

Does this work it sounds great? I have a windows partition on this puter, So all i have to do is install pearpc, do a recover, then boot back into Mac and do the recover, and this will do a full working 10.4.3 Yes. :)