Strange graphics distortion X1600

h4ck1nt05h

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm sorry if this is something that was brought up before, but I couldn't find anyone with this same problem.

I am using a clean install of JaS 10.4.8 PPF1. I installed Natit_ATIauto.kext.zip and my card was recognized properly, but I have these boxes all over my screen (see attachment). Using JaS ATI Radeon X1000 kext, I get a kernel panic at boot, so I am using the original 10.4.8 kext. My video card is a PowerColor ATI Radeon X1600 Pro AGP 512mb. I am also using the latest build of AGPGart. I have also tried using the 10.4.4 kernel and have the same result (I'm currently using 10.4.8 kernel). I am also running an Athlon 64 3200+ SEE2.

After removing Natit.kext from my /System/Library/Extensions, I can still change resolutions, but my video card is detected as Display and 256mb. I would like to have QE/CI enabled, but I think I need Natit to do so. (The distortion goes away if I do not load Natit)

Is Natit the source of the problem or is ATIRadeonX1000.kext?

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks! I really appreciate the hard work in this forum!

post-49361-1170367804_thumb.png

Edited by Athlon64 OS X

you seem to have gotten further than I

I cannot get past the black screen with pink squares all over it (I took a photo and uploaded in some other thread)

I have 512 PCI x1600 and experience same/similar issues