Intel D865GLC

9 posts in this topic

I am using the Intel D865GLC Motherboard.

The Video works, and I have read on the HCL that Sound does as well?

The motherboard has a SoundMax chipset Ven:8086, Dev:24D5....

Which Sound extension am I supposed to be loading? And Do I hookup my speakers to the Mic Jack?

A setup guide would be much appreciated (or link to setup already here somewhere) :) I am using the onboard Video and I am not booting in safe mode.

I am using the Intel D865GLC Motherboard.

The Video works, and I have read on the HCL that Sound does as well?

A setup guide would be much appreciated (or link to setup already here somewhere) :) I am using the onboard Video and I am not booting in safe mode.

Video works as in you get VESA 3 or openGL ?

Here is an edited kext that should fix your problem. I added your hardware and vendor ID's to it so all you should have to do is drag it to your Extensions folder (System > Library > Extensions), and preform the normal permission modifications in Terminal.

sudo -s

chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions/appleac97audio.kext

chown -R root:wheel /system/library/extensions/appleac97audio.kext

Restart and you should have sound. You may need to go into Audio MIDI Setup (Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI Setup) and change the Audio Output frequency to 48000.0 Hz. I had to do this before my sound would work completely, it came out sounding distorted.

Hope this helps you, and if you have any more question, feel free to ask.

AppleAC97Audio.kext.zip

Ok, just to put my 2 cents in, I did a native install from the release 1 dvd on the 865GCL board and sound worked with out any patching, it comes up as ac97, Connected the speakers to the speaker out jack and thats all......... :(:D

My laptop (ze4900) worked when I used the deadmoo image, but when I installed using the patched DVD image, I had to edit the kext I used before. It's worked since, I don't know what was different, but I have sound and wireless and everything else works so I am happy.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Here is an edited kext that should fix your problem. I added your hardware and vendor ID's to it so all you should have to do is drag it to your Extensions folder (System > Library > Extensions), and preform the normal permission modifications in Terminal.

sudo -s

chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions/appleac97audio.kext

chown -R root:wheel /system/library/extensions/appleac97audio.kext

Restart and you should have sound. You may need to go into Audio MIDI Setup (Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI Setup) and change the Audio Output frequency to 48000.0 Hz. I had to do this before my sound would work completely, it came out sounding distorted.

Hope this helps you, and if you have any more question, feel free to ask.

Hi i have the intel d865glc mobo with the same onboard sound

00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller [0401]: Intel Corporation 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) AC'97 Audio Controller [8086:24d5] (rev 02)

yet i tried the fix and it doesn't work. Am i using the wrog kext or is it something else.

• 11 months later...

I know this thread is old, but I'm hoping someone can help. I have almost every different distro and canb't get this thing to work. What options on what distro, did you use?? I have tried and tried, and this is NOT my first hack-job FYI.

Thakns

~Nerd