/com.apple.boot.plist - error after inserting any install-DVD

dermoe

9 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I searched your nice forum and the web too, but I got nothing exepted that Hardware with that failure won't work. :/

I got an Asus P5Bdlx C2D Nvidia Rig here. No matter which Release I try, directly after the dvd winds up, this failure shows up:

"System config file '/com.apple.boot.plist' not found"

The same mystery happens when I try to mount with Vmware at the old Rig.

Any suggenstions here? :D

Thanks from germany, moe

Thanks for the answere. I think so because this problem happened with five dvd's and also with the Iso mounted in vmware. While browsing the Dvd there are only small files visible, but that should have to do with Windows (my Transmac trial periode is over :/ ).

moe

Hi,

I couln't find the Asus P5B at x86project.org - but I'm sure I read somewhere that it will work except the 2. lan port.

Asus P5B deluxe

Intel E6400

2gb MDT

XFX 7900gt

LG GSA-H10N dvd drive

Sata Raid & Sata drive

moe

Good evening,

i found out that OSXC doesn't like JMicron (IDE>SATA) controller like the one at the P5B. I bought a USB-DVD drive and installation worked finde.

But when booting the System i get a kernel panic: Unable to find driver for this platform: "ACPI"

I searched again and it looks like that i'll have to patch (PFF) the image or something. I don't know which patch, where to get and how to patch it - so it would be greate if someone could give me a light. :mellow:

Thanks, moe

you simply had to mount the image in windows and use vmware. After that you could install jmicron drivers

anyway, you got it :thumbsup_anim:

sorry boys but i have the exact same problem /com.apple.boot.plist. using an external optic drive seems to solve the problem but i dont understand how to install Jmicron patch via wmware? Because osx86 isn't installed already so what to do with the vmware anyway?