10.4.8 + 8.8.1 sse2 but black screen ?

ipguy

5 posts in this topic

hi all

I've been bashing my head against this for weeks now and i can honestly say i'm close but still no QE or CI for my ATI 9550 AGP card.

after upgrading to the beta9 kernel i get a black screen after i use Natit.

i know the doc for Natit say if you get a black screen upgrade to 8.8.1 but i'm already there...

any suggestions ?

Darwin mymac.local 8.8.1 Darwin Kernel Version 8.8.1: Sat Dec 9 22:18:27 AZOT 2006; semthex:/nebukadnezar/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386

Edited by ipguy

hi all

I've been bashing my head against this for weeks now and i can honestly say i'm close but still no QE or CI for my ATI 9550 AGP card.

after upgrading to the beta9 kernel i get a black screen after i use Natit.

i know the doc for Natit say if you get a black screen upgrade to 8.8.1 but i'm already there...

any suggestions ?

Darwin mymac.local 8.8.1 Darwin Kernel Version 8.8.1: Sat Dec 9 22:18:27 AZOT 2006; semthex:/nebukadnezar/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386

doesn't/didn't anyone have this problem ?

ok, i'm finding, after reading countless posts, that i'm not alone and there seems to be many of us experiancing issues with ATI/nVidia with the 8.8.1 sse2 kernel and Natit or Titan...

point here is, why.

in my case, i'm not using AGPGart, just a clean 10.4.4 upgraded with this method to 10.4.8/8.8.1

http://paulicat.freeflux.net/blog/archive/...rade-guide.html

Edited by ipguy