Severe PCI Problems

trilly

2 posts in this topic

hi!

after fiddling for a while with the jas 10.4.8 and 10.4.6 release which gave me non stop kernel panics, i have now managed to get OSX working on my Asrock K8NF6G-VSTA using the tubgirl version- although somewhat crippled..

first i had to delete the NVDAResman.kext because with it the boot process came to a halt when the login manager loaded (no HD activity). after that i opened up the system profiler only to find out that no PCI bus was detected at all- dmesg also gives lots of "family specific matching fails" errors.

it gets weirder though: i had two devices plugged in at that time, a terratec dmx6fire soundcard, that wasnt detected at all, and a compatible realtek network card that acted somewhat strange: the network pane always said the network cable was unplugged and the LED was orange (and it was never orange before). i then tried a firewire card (which was detected flawlessly) and my terratec phase88 firewire, which strangely seemed to work quite good, until i tried playing back an mp3 file and system sounds. there seemed to be lots of strange noise, especially when there was HD activity.

i then tried swapping the kernel with one from the Jas 10.4.6 release and inserting my PCI bus addresses into IOPCIFamily.kext with no sucess..

anything more i could try?

thanks for any hints,

trilly

• 2 months later...
hi!

after fiddling for a while with the jas 10.4.8 and 10.4.6 release which gave me non stop kernel panics, i have now managed to get OSX working on my Asrock K8NF6G-VSTA using the tubgirl version- although somewhat crippled..

first i had to delete the NVDAResman.kext because with it the boot process came to a halt when the login manager loaded (no HD activity). after that i opened up the system profiler only to find out that no PCI bus was detected at all- dmesg also gives lots of "family specific matching fails" errors.

it gets weirder though: i had two devices plugged in at that time, a terratec dmx6fire soundcard, that wasnt detected at all, and a compatible realtek network card that acted somewhat strange: the network pane always said the network cable was unplugged and the LED was orange (and it was never orange before). i then tried a firewire card (which was detected flawlessly) and my terratec phase88 firewire, which strangely seemed to work quite good, until i tried playing back an mp3 file and system sounds. there seemed to be lots of strange noise, especially when there was HD activity.

i then tried swapping the kernel with one from the Jas 10.4.6 release and inserting my PCI bus addresses into IOPCIFamily.kext with no sucess..

anything more i could try?

thanks for any hints,

trilly

I have the same problem!! Why are there no PCI devices? My wireless card is not detected........ but it definitely is installed