Problem with AppleI386PCI

2 posts in this topic

Hello. i want use agp brige [radeon 9550, asus k8n]. i downloaded AppleI386PCI.kext from osx86 forum and i edit device and vendor. next i copy it to /extensions folder and i was suprised, because i haven't that file before. i run terminal and i have this...

sub219-254:~ root# cd /System/Library/Extensions sub219-254:/System/Library/Extensions root# kextload AppleI386PCI.kext kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleI386PCI.kext is not authentic (check ownership and permissions)

[11:06] psajcho: sub219-254:/System/Library/Extensions root# chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleI386PCI.kext

[11:06] psajcho: sub219-254:/System/Library/Extensions root# kextload AppleI386PCI.kext kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleI386PCI.kext is not authentic (check ownership and permissions)

so i don't know what to do... what i'm doing wrong? please help me!

Hello. i want use agp brige [radeon 9550, asus k8n]. i downloaded AppleI386PCI.kext from osx86 forum and i edit device and vendor. next i copy it to /extensions folder and i was suprised, because i haven't that file before. i run terminal and i have this...

sub219-254:~ root# cd /System/Library/Extensions sub219-254:/System/Library/Extensions root# kextload AppleI386PCI.kext kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleI386PCI.kext is not authentic (check ownership and permissions)

[11:06] psajcho: sub219-254:/System/Library/Extensions root# chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleI386PCI.kext

[11:06] psajcho: sub219-254:/System/Library/Extensions root# kextload AppleI386PCI.kext kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleI386PCI.kext is not authentic (check ownership and permissions)

so i don't know what to do... what i'm doing wrong? please help me!

When you add a file, i.e. kext to /System/Library/Extensions you need to repair permissions on those files. One method is diskutility the other is in a terminal and enter the commands

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions

rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions

then reboot