Native SATA installation on AsRock 775DualVSTA

MartaMarco

15 posts in this topic

Follow these five steps to make an Install 10.4.8 DVD that will load your motherboard drivers (Sata, Network and Audio).

1. Download file .zip (9,5) MB at this link Installer Asrock 775dvsta
  2. Download on Demon ISO di JaS 10.4.8 AMD Intel SSE2 SSE3
  3. Mount the followwing image with the TERMINAL command hdiutil attach (drag your ISO image here) –readwrite
  4. Open your ISO image on Desktop and replace files as below:
    Extensions.Mkext in System/Library
    Osinstall.mpkg in System/Library/Packages
    10.4.8.ASRock.775DualVsta.support.pkg in System/Library/Packages
  5. Open Disk Utility and burn your ISO image on desktop

Reboot and make an Install from DVD boot.

When you'll install osx from a DVD boot now youll'be able to read sata disks and partition it as you want.

Please remember to install the my AsRock Package under support for the common hardware.

If you already have your OS X running you install only 10.4.8.Asrock775Dvista.support.pkg to support you sata disks, network and ALC888 audio

All should works fine, if any trouble please reply.

Greetings to Thestevo for original scripting and Modbin that help me in my tryouts.

Sorry for bad English I'm Italian

Marco

Edited by MartaMarco

Sorry, I'll tack another question that just came to mind on there.

Does it take care of the colonel's system profiler patch?

Sorry,

Stephen

I put this into a PPF with the_defiant's disk utility downgrade. I'll try to roughly keep it updated to whatever changes MartaMarco makes. I'll start another thread to announce this, and that way if there are any problems with it people can discuss it there rather than hijack this thread.

Again, wonderful job!

Stephen

• 1 month later...

Hello,

"Mount the followwing image with the TERMINAL command hdiutil attach (drag your ISO image here) –readwrite"

Could you explain this a little bit please? Do I need to have OSX already running? Or can I fix the DVD with Windows or Linux, too?

To the extent I am aware, you should be able to fix the DVD with Windows or Linux. You are simply replacing files that are in the ISO image. However, you would have to mount the ISO as readwrite in those operating systems or find a program to allow you to change its contents. I'm probably wrong, but I think ISOBuster for Windows will do that (I don't know its been a while since I used the program)

Those specific directions that he gave are for modifying the ISO in OS X. Therefore, if you follow literally and do not adapt them to another operating system... yes you will need to have OS X running.

The other option is to download the PPF that I have made. It can be found on the green monster. The PPF-o-matic program that is used to apply the patch has a version for all three operating systems. That way you would not need to mess with mounting the ISO. The PPF-o-matic program is included in the download.

Stephen

Edited by thestevo

• 3 months later...

I have an Ati x850 card and vsta motherboard , I install all the system ok with ppf1 and vsta patch but at first boot, the screen is black. What can I do? I suppose that it is a problem with my graphic card, but I dont know how to solve it.

Thanks in advance

I have an Ati x850 card and vsta motherboard , I install all the system ok with ppf1 and vsta patch but at first boot, the screen is black. What can I do? I suppose that it is a problem with my graphic card, but I dont know how to solve it.

Thanks in advance

lol everyone is getting same problem like me just like waca XD but i'll keep testing

• 2 weeks later...

Im trying to edit the ISO in WIndows XP. IsoBuster doesnt seem to allow the editing of an ISO image, however Magic ISO Maker does. The only question I have is that there is mention of a "System/Library/Packages" folder which I dont have on my ISO the "packages" folder can be found in "installation" folder. Is this a mistake?

Thanks in advance

Try the other video connection? swap from DVI to VGA or what have you..

• 5 months later...

As been told in i tryed to edit the image with the advised files using the Magic Iso Maker.

But there is no folger called system/librarys/packages/ ... a folger "packages" is in the folder system/installation/ ... should i use this path instead?

My second problem is to be unable to save the iso when i add the files to the image (using the installation/ path just to test it). The program errors, that there is not enough space on it (could not be the hdd, it has 128 gb free space left).

Can anyone tell me what to do? =(

P.S. Sorry about my bad english :/

• 1 month later...