Drives X200m - Acer Aspire 3100 - NO QE/CI

prepressman

40 posts in this topic

Mobile AMD Turion 64 ML-36, 2000 MHz (10 x 20)

Acer Aspire 5100

ATI Radeon Xpress 200/1100/1150, AMD Hammer

1024 MB (DDR2 SDRAM)

BIOS Phoenix (04/30/07)

ATI Mobility Radeon X1300 (512 MB)

help me.ATI Mobility Radeon X1300 (512 MB) --Only to 1024*768.

I wonto 1280*900

Thinks.

Call me :ttnking@yahoo.com.cn

• 2 weeks later...

A million thank yous! This worked like a charm on my Pavilion zv6131us! My widescreen is back! Now to find my modem driver... :-) Out of curiosity...does this work on the dreaded X1400? My Dell has that card, and it would be nice to know that it would work too....

Jennifer

• 3 months later...

Waking up a dead thread....

I have hit search, and read many posts on the topic, most of which "died" about 7 months ago. I'll apologize in advance if I missed something.

Are there any releases of 10.4 or 10.5 that have drives to support the ATI X200 video chipset.

I just installed with uphuck 1.4 and my video dies but I hear the welcome movie.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Marc

• 1 month later...

Just finished the install for LEO4ALL and i need these drivers for the display.. so im told....

On the graphics package, i have installed then i have to drag the post file over to the terminal window... i do that, i enter the data it needs, device id etc, then it copies the files.. and all of them say Acess Denied to your folders?...

i been up like 20hours... trying to get it all working right, am i being completely thick looking like a right noob... or is there something i should know?

Please help, kind regards...

Trev

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I used Leo4Allv3 on my HP NX6325. (X200m)

Works in native Resolution (1024x768), but no QE/CI. Finally found drivers for Audio, working output only.

Weird thing now, I installed it directly from the DVD but OS X doesn't find my DVD drive when install is finished. Anybody got an idea why ?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello All,

Short version: Can't install said ATI Graphics driver. Keep getting permission denial error. MacOs newb, semi linux oriented. Please help. Thanks

Specs,

Acer Aspire 3100-1718

AMD Sempron 3400 (1.8 GHz)

1.5GB Memory

ATI X200M (x1100 256MB (shared I think))

Anything I missed that is important, please ask me.

I keep reading that people got native 1280x800 resolution. I've installed and reinstalled the driver about 15 times now. I'm using kalyway 10.5.2 (unless I missed it somewhere that these drivers don't work with this distro).

I have the same problem mentioned before (a whole lot of permission denied). I'm terribly sorry if this is covered somewhere in a sort of RTFM style hackintosh newbie manual. If there is something like the aforementioned manual if you could point me to it I'll be happy to read it. I've used linux for about 3 years now and use windows when I'm at work, so I have no fear of terminal and or typing. I just lack the know-how. Please help if you can.

Thanks,

Potifar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hi i have a problem i have a aspire 3100 3500+ , i cant install mac os tiger 1.4.8 jas, it dont recognice mi hard disk i cant create a partition with disk tool , it dont show mi hard disk only show mi cdrom. please help

• 3 months later...

HI , BUMP.

dId anyone ever fix the ATI x200 video (x5975) on the acers 5100? Im running callisto3 ..its ok, I do have 1280 *800 res, but I thinik the QC/Ei is not working...

Thanks

hi i have a problem i have a aspire 3100 3500+ , i cant install mac os tiger 1.4.8 jas, it dont recognice mi hard disk i cant create a partition with disk tool , it dont show mi hard disk only show mi cdrom. please help

• 5 months later...
Acer Aspire 3100 - Mac OS X v10 4 8 - JaS AMD Intel -Samythes - Kernel 8.8.1

-AMD Sempron Mobile 3400+ (Keene) 1.75 Ghz

-512 RAM - Working Native

-60GB HD - Working Native

-DVD+/-R - Working Native

-USB - Working Native

-ATI Radeon XPRESS 1100M - Working 1200x800 with (Katana/Callisto 003) fix - No QE/CI yet

-Ethernet Realtek 8139/810 family - Working used (PCGenRTL8139Ethernet-1.2.0.kext) fix

-WireLess Broadcom (x4138) - Working used IO80211family.kext (add 4138 to plist)

-Audio Realtek High Definition - Woking used (ALC883Audio.mpkg) fix

-Battery Management - Working used (Powermanagement.kext) fix

Drives used for me to my Machine:

Drives_For_X200m.zip

If you to need help just ask me :)

See i tried this install package. Got everything but the wireless and the ethernet card installed. I did the ethernet card first and really the instructions were just a mess for me. I added to some folder and now the computer gets all the way into boot and to the desktop but i cant do anything it is just frozen. I can move the mouse but everything else is frozen. Not really sure what happened and its really annoying to click on everyones post seperatly to figure out what they were even saying.