I haven't DVD, do i can to install osx86 using an alternate HD (or HD partition) ?.

pc_guru

19 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

Recently i did read, that is possible to install osx86 using an alternate HD instead of a DVD (i haven't DVD Burner nor DVD player). Well in a document called "READ_THIS_FIRST.rtf", the writter said that that's possible (install using an extra HD), i'd like to know, how to do that ?, besides, is possible to install osx86 in a 120 GB HD, using a partition for that purpose (instead of to mount another HD) ?. Any help is really welcome <_<. Thanks you for your time and support.

I got you PM and I thought about a second whether to answer you problem or not. I didn't because the answer has been beat down to a pulp on this forum.

Look in the wiki and what braveheart posted about installing OSx86 without having to physically burn it on a media.

You will need the folowing:

Deamon Tools: to mount the ISO you created on your system

VMWare Trial: to install OSx86 on its own drive or partition

DSL (Damn Small Linux): in case you need to create an AF partition and make it bootable

PartionMagic: (maybe) you'll need this as some people needed it

God Speed!

I got you PM and I thought about a second whether to answer you problem or not. I didn't because the answer has been beat down to a pulp on this forum.

Look in the wiki and what braveheart posted about installing OSx86 without having to physically burn it on a media.

You will need the folowing:

Deamon Tools: to mount the ISO you created on your system

VMWare Trial: to install OSx86 on its own drive or partition

DSL (Damn Small Linux): in case you need to create an AF partition and make it bootable

PartionMagic: (maybe) you'll need this as some people needed it

God Speed!

Thanks alot for your support, you have another new friend in this forum now !! ;):). I'll try those advises and after i'll tell you about.

Hi everyone,

Recently i did read, that is possible to install osx86 using an alternate HD instead of a DVD (i haven't DVD Burner nor DVD player). Well in a document called "READ_THIS_FIRST.rtf", the writter said that that's possible (install using an extra HD), i'd like to know, how to do that ?, besides, is possible to install osx86 in a 120 GB HD, using a partition for that purpose (instead of to mount another HD) ?. Any help is really welcome :D. Thanks you for your time and support.

If you installed OSX86 with the dd method, you don't need to burn a DVD or CD

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...allation_Guides

If you installed OSX86 with the dd method, you don't need to burn a DVD or CD

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...allation_Guides

Thanks you for your support friends, but right now i have a doubt, i'm downloading (or trying to) the osx86 image, but i have read 2 differents advises, in a document called "READ_THIS_FIRST.rtf" (i got this from a .rar file called "Generic_OSx86_Install_DVD_Patcher_Release1.rar" by means of torrents) the writter says : "download Marklar-Tiger.dmg file of 2.43GB" and in that site (the link was posted by DrJägermeister above) the writter says : "download tiger-x86.tar.bz2 of 1.29 GB" (from the same place where's Marklar-Tiger.dmg & this one), well my doubt is : What image i must to get ? (i have the patch "Marklar-Tiger-patch-release1.ppf") :D. Can someone assist me ?. Thanks you again for your support.

Thanks you for your support friends, but right now i have a doubt, i'm downloading (or trying to) the osx86 image, but i have read 2 differents advises, in a document called "READ_THIS_FIRST.rtf" (i got this from a .rar file called "Generic_OSx86_Install_DVD_Patcher_Release1.rar" by means of torrents) the writter says : "download Marklar-Tiger.dmg file of 2.43GB" and in that site (the link was posted by DrJägermeister above) the writter says : "download tiger-x86.tar.bz2 of 1.29 GB" (from the same place where's Marklar-Tiger.dmg & this one), well my doubt is : What image i must to get ? (i have the patch "Marklar-Tiger-patch-release1.ppf") :D. Can someone assist me ?. Thanks you again for your support.

Maklar-Tiger is a DVD image, you will need burn it, tiger-x86.tar.bz2 is a VMware image that runs in VMware and that you can install with dd. Choose the right one for your installation method.

If my assumptions are correct, Marklar-Tiger.dmg is the unpached Tiger Version. Meaning you will need to get the Release Patch 1 and follow the instruction from the rtf file to create the Marklar-Tiger.iso. Since you don't have a dvd burner, you need not burn it becuase you can mount the ISO using Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120% and install VMWare. Then mount the partition you assigned to OSx86 and mount the Marklar-Tiger.iso image to the VM session.

tiger-x86.tar.bz2 aka deadmoo, is the vmware version that you can dd to another partition or drive (max 6gig). tiger-x86.tar.bz2 will also need to be patch with maxxuss patches and tweaked.

All this is already in this forum. You just need to sift through all the information. I recommend you NOT download the precompiled version of OSx86.

If my assumptions are correct, Marklar-Tiger.dmg is the unpached Tiger Version. Meaning you will need to get the Release Patch 1 and follow the instruction from the rtf file to create the Marklar-Tiger.iso. Since you don't have a dvd burner, you need not burn it becuase you can mount the ISO using Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120% and install VMWare. Then mount the partition you assigned to OSx86 and mount the Marklar-Tiger.iso image to the VM session.

tiger-x86.tar.bz2 aka deadmoo, is the vmware version that you can dd to another partition or drive (max 6gig). tiger-x86.tar.bz2 will also need to be patch with maxxuss patches and tweaked.

All this is already in this forum. You just need to sift through all the information. I recommend you NOT download the precompiled version of OSx86.

Well friends, i'll explain my situation. I can get until 1000 MB of files (on my Cable-Modem internet connection) by a month (almost 1 GB per month). So i already got the this patch "Generic_OSx86_Install_DVD_Patcher_Release1.rar" (146 MB compressed, right on my HD now), but this one requires the unpatch file called : "Marklar-Tiger.dmg" (2.44 GB of size). Meanwhile for other hand, the image "tiger-x86.tar.bz2" only is 1.29 GB of size (really smaller than "Marklar-Tiger.dmg"), but this one isn't patched, so i'll have to download all those patchs for this image if i decide to download this one (and i haven't those patchs right now, except this patch: "Generic_OSx86_Install_DVD_Patcher_Release1.rar"). What image i should to get ?: "Marklar-Tiger.dmg" (2.44 GB of size, in this instance i'll delay 3 or more months downloading due to my broadband) or "tiger-x86.tar.bz2" (1.29 GB of size, in this case i'll delay 2 or more months + all time required to get those matching patchs). Both images are rights ?. Any advise is really welcome. Thanks you boys.

if you get tiger-x86.tar.bz2, you only need to down Maxxuss-SSE2-and-AntiTPM-Patches-v0.5c.iso (43mb), Maxxuss-Exec_10.4.2-v0.1.iso (8mb) and maybe Maxxuss-AMDPCNET-v1.0.zip (9kb). Otherwise, going to an internet cafe would be an alternative. Other than tha, it looks like you are in a tight spot. Hate to be you... Good luck. No one can offer any more help with this topic until you have problems running OSx86.

if you get tiger-x86.tar.bz2, you only need to down Maxxuss-SSE2-and-AntiTPM-Patches-v0.5c.iso (43mb), Maxxuss-Exec_10.4.2-v0.1.iso (8mb) and maybe Maxxuss-AMDPCNET-v1.0.zip (9kb). Otherwise, going to an internet cafe would be an alternative. Other than tha, it looks like you are in a tight spot. Hate to be you... Good luck. No one can offer any more help with this topic until you have problems running OSx86.

Your help (you and DrJägermeister) have been really worthy, i'm lucky for to have to you and him giving me a hand. I'll take your advises and will download that image (tiger-x86.tar.bz2) and after i'll search those patchs. You talked about of Maxxuss-SSE2-and-AntiTPM-Patches-v0.5c.iso this will work with SSE3 technology (my processor support: MMX, SSE, SSE2 & SSE3), isn't it ?. Thanks you again friend domino.

Before applying the patches, read maxxuss' info and his site carefully. You don't want to muck up the time investment you spent with getting it downloaded and running. Read the forum, I know too much info overload, but no one else is in front of your computer other than youself. I don'tknow 1 person that didn't reinstall OSx86, so just be persistant. If you don't have the patience, then do not try to get OSx86 running. Move on to other projects.

If you have an SSE3 chip, do not apply the SSE2 patch. Again, RTFM and you'll do fine.

Well, i did read this info EDIT: Removed content violating DMCA i guess that's maxxuss's info. I'll take all those warnings, including yours and DrJägermeister. I'm very patient, but i'll be really more when i install this OS. Thanks you very much for all your support :):P. Sorry for the annoyances.

Edited by Metrogirl

Thanks but I don't think this site condones in such conversions. If you are looking for a reason for this thread to be closed or get lost, you just posted a really good one. That said,let's just stay in topic eh :)

Thanks but I don't think this site condones in such conversions. If you are looking for a reason for this thread to be closed or get lost, you just posted a really good one. That said,let's just stay in topic eh :)

I apologize, if i did a wrong thing. Meanwhile i get that image, i'd like to know if my motherboard is ok in order to install osx86. I've checked several "Hardware Requirements" documents (files, url, etc), but i've not seen my mainboard there. My motherboard is : Biostar P4 Series (audio, video, nic, usb, ps2 (mouse and kb)), this one have video : VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP, audio: Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA ® Audio Controller, nic: VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter. Does Someone know if this one will work with osx86 ?, has someone installed osx86 with this mainboard ?. Thanks you.

I apologize, if i did a wrong thing. Meanwhile i get that image, i'd like to know if my motherboard is ok in order to install osx86. I've checked several "Hardware Requirements" documents (files, url, etc), but i've not seen my mainboard there. My motherboard is : Biostar P4 Series (audio, video, nic, usb, ps2 (mouse and kb)), this one have video : VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP, audio: Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA ® Audio Controller, nic: VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter. Does Someone know if this one will work with osx86 ?, has someone installed osx86 with this mainboard ?. Thanks you.

1) You will have no openGL or QE, your VGA will only run in VESA mode (like 90% of the guys in this forum)

2) Your Network card is not supported (you can buy a supported one for 5$)

3) For your sound I don't know, you need to try it when it's installed.

4) If your don't find a driver for your cable modem for OSX86, just make a router with old hardware and go online via a supported network card.

1) You will have no openGL or QE, your VGA will only run in VESA mode (like 90% of the guys in this forum)

2) Your Network card is not supported (you can buy a supported one for 5$)

3) For your sound I don't know, you need to try it when it's installed.

4) If your don't find a driver for your cable modem for OSX86, just make a router with old hardware and go online via a supported network card.

Thanks you very much for these advises, i'll try these when i finish of downloading the image and install osx86. Wish me good luck in this job !! :) :).

About of Maxxuss-AMDPCNET-v1.0.zip (9kb) patch, domino tells that maybe i'll need it, i have an Intel Celeron D 325 (2.53 Ghz) processor, still thus i'll need this patch ?. Thanks you.

About of Maxxuss-AMDPCNET-v1.0.zip (9kb) patch, domino tells that maybe i'll need it, i have an Intel Celeron D 325 (2.53 Ghz) processor, still thus i'll need this patch ?. Thanks you.

This is a driver for the virtual network card in VMware, it gives you network support for your virtual OSX86 PC. Only install this on a VMware image, not in your installation.

This is a driver for the virtual network card in VMware, it gives you network support for your virtual OSX86 PC. Only install this on a VMware image, not in your installation.

Alright, i got that patch, i did believe than that was for AMD processors (this show me than only guess can to bring into wrong side). Thanks you for the info :).