• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Martin Co

Hash key on UK keyboard

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

In OS X with a UK keyboard the hash key (#) is typed with Alt-3, but in Windows this isn't working with the UK Apple keymapping. I can't type the key and so can't create a mapping to it with Input Remapper.

Has anyone got a workaround/solution? Ideally I'd like either Alt-3 or RApple-3 (effectively mapped as AltGr in Windows) to type the # but if there's something already set up that I'm missing that's fine.

Thanks

Martin

Hi,

In OS X with a UK keyboard the hash key (#) is typed with Alt-3, but in Windows this isn't working with the UK Apple keymapping. I can't type the key and so can't create a mapping to it with Input Remapper.

Has anyone got a workaround/solution? Ideally I'd like either Alt-3 or RApple-3 (effectively mapped as AltGr in Windows) to type the # but if there's something already set up that I'm missing that's fine.

Thanks

Martin

If you change back to the default Windows UK layout I think all keys should work. You can check the Windows layout on this page:

http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/reference/keyboards.mspx

Hi,

Thanks

Martin

Using the United Kingdom (Apple) keyboard layout I found the righthand Alt-3 gave me the # symbol where the lefthand Alt didn't.