Radeon X600

elHam

5 posts in this topic

Well... I have MB with ATi RS480 Chipset and use integrated video card, MacOS X run... Fiew days ago I insert in my system X600 video card, and MacOS can't boot. Loadings OK, but when it must start, i see message about problem with hardware and must reboot. What it can be? And, can I run MacOS X on my MB with SATA HDD?

not sure about sata on that chipset...check the wiki.

as for the card, it may have to do with the vendor id and such...I'm not sure, but I bet OS X stored your old cards location and now it's not there, so it can't detect a video card.

One way would be to find the default video driver in OS X (I think many live linux dstros can open AF parttions, try MEPIS linux) and open it and check the Device id! B)

Or you could just reinstall it! :P

in my laptop I've a radeon X600M. It does work in os x, but selecting the zoom-function in the screensaver isn't running smoothy at 1024x768x32.

The new imac has an x600 onboard, I hope ati will release drivers for it, so i can try it on my laptop.

I hope to... But, i try run in safe-mode and it run ok. I can work. But if I restart - nothing change...

Boot with mach_kernel -s

then mount -uw /

then 'kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions'

if not, try 'rm -f /System/Library/Extensions.*' before the kextcache -k (it won't delete your extensions, don't forget the period and *, just the cached files)

-huma