parallels under OS X (JaS) no audio

vEmpire

18 posts in this topic

I have a clean install of the JaS 10.4.8 reseed with the latest Semthex kernel.

I have sound enabled using the azilla methods as described in rammjets how to links.

I installed XP under parallels (the only OS on the laptop is OS X) and when I fire it up I get the error:

"Error writing to sound device! Loopback device will be used!"

but no sound is available in XP. XP itself believes that there is a sound device, but that makes no difference.

I've been reading a bit about the AppleHDA Sound Fix as seen here and wonder if this is a route I should take. There is one other forum post that suggests that it might help, however I'm not certain the steps to take to use the fix instead of azilla.

Does anyone either have advice on how to fix the problem itself or how to migrate from azilla to the fix posted above?

Thanks!

I've been doing a little more reading and it seems like the AppleHDA fix might not work for me ;(

I think I've got the realtec 861 in there, since I used 0x10ec0861 in the azilla fix, so I might just be out of luck.

It doesn't appear that the 861 is supported yet by the AppleHDA fix, and I haven't found anything on the loopback issue where anyone reports success here or on the parallels forums.

I had tools installed by the way, this issue occurs before the OS even begins to boot... I did uninstall and re-install them.

From some of the reading I've done, this appears to be an appleazilla does not play nice with parallels issue.

Unfortunately, the fix for AppleHDA does not seem to be going in a direction of supporting the 861 (yet?) so I'm likely to have to try out a USB stick and see what happens.

A quick follow up if any one cares...

I now have sound in XP, and the fix was drop dead simple.

Since I have an ALC861, I have to use AppleAzilla for audio, which currently is audio out only...

In the VM configuration, by default if you enable audio it enables audio out AND in... setting audio in in the VM's configuration is all it took to get sound out working.

• 1 month later...
A quick follow up if any one cares...

I now have sound in XP, and the fix was drop dead simple.

Since I have an ALC861, I have to use AppleAzilla for audio, which currently is audio out only...

In the VM configuration, by default if you enable audio it enables audio out AND in... setting audio in in the VM's configuration is all it took to get sound out working.

Do you mean set audio out to NULL? I tried with only audio in or audio out, still not work for my T60p.

Edited by dong

• 5 months later...