Natit: NVDA,Display-A: Not usable

the king of beers

2 posts in this topic

Hi.

I have tried all different versions of Natit and Titan available through these forums. Natit/Titan seems to detect my card (GeForce 5200FX Dual VGA w/ S-Video) But that is about it. I am unable to change res, nor are QE/CI enabled .. System profiler does detect the card as GeForce 5200. I am thinking the problem lies in my card having dual VGA outputs which is an oddity of sorts.. Most other cards seem to have DVI+DVI or DVI+VGA etc..

Natit: Setting @1,EDID=<data not shown>
Natit: Setting @0,NVMT=<data not shown>
Natit: Setting device_type=NVDA,Parent
Natit: Setting @1,device_type=display
Natit: Setting @0,EDID=<data not shown>
Natit: Setting @0,compatible=NVDA,NVMac
Natit: Setting @0,fboffset=0x00020000
Natit: Setting @1,compatible=NVDA,NVMac
Natit: Setting @1,name=NVDA,Display-B
Natit: Setting @0,name=NVDA,Display-A
Natit: Setting NVCAP=<data not shown>
Natit: Setting @0,device_type=display
Natit: Setting model=nVidia GeForce FX 5200
NVDA,Display-A: Not usable

I receive this in dmesg after trying each variation of Natit or Titan. The version used this time was Natit_Dual v0.01 The only difference I've seen is sometimes it will instead say NVDA,Display-B: Not usable, Instead of NVDA,Display-A: Not usable.

Would there be any point in adding my EDID to Info.plist ?

Using 10.4.8 JaS with Semthex kernel .. Any help would be very appreciated.. Thanks

Edited by the king of beers

It's just an older card, that's why you have 2x VGA. I got DVI & VGA, but now most of the cards are all 2x DVI. Check out Chiefwiggum's post in one of the Semthex kernels topics in OSX86 Installation (sorry can't find it right now), worked fine for me if you do it right.

Edited by spuke