Trouble booting on old Acer 5670 laptop, Stuck on IOPIC on Chimera, or [PCI Configuration Begin] On DVD

2 posts in this topic

So I managed to install MacOS Snow Leopard on a old Acer 5670 laptop (core 2 duo T2300) with ATI x1400. (apparently someone made the graphics driver work) I first installed the 10.6.8 combo update then . I only installed ... and some system utilities like kext helper and stuff. I rebooted and it stays stuck at "IOPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87". I tried booting with a ... DVD instead, and it instead gets stuck on [PCI Configuration Begin]. For some context this is my 3rd install attempt. I was getting the same IOPIC error the first time with only installing ... (I just selected every option) excluding the combo update and I was able to succesfully able to boot but only with .... The 2nd attempt I kept getting stuck at [PCI Configuration Begin] after I directly restarted without installing ... despite the warning saying not to for some reason (I forgot), then this time I re-installed and didn't restart after the combo update and installed ... as I said before, and the PCI message seems to only appear on the ... DVD. I also noticed that i can't seem to get a apple logo with chimera without "GraphicsEnabler=No" (i don't need it in ....) But still i still get stuck with the other messages both on .... and without. I've tried numerous solutions like -x -v -f npci=0x2000, Before i installed anything i made sure to make a image of the disk so i can go back to a clean install any time without installing again.

I hope someone can help me as I'm very close on to it working... also, i'm sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask about really old stuff. Thanks!