Installation of Kubuntu via OpenCore MOD help.

mengshi

2 posts in this topic

I need a wee bit of hand holding here.....

I have 2 SSD.

1. Installed Ventura on one and working well. Changed the Official opencore to Opencore MOD -> No issue

2. Installed Kubuntu on the other SSD WITHOUT disconecting the Ventura SSD successfully.

4. During the first reboot, at the bootpicker, I was able to choose the Kubuntu SSD and boot into it. (It worked but it goes into the Grub text bootpicker first -> then choose Kubuntu. Has other options including going into the UEFI settings)

5. I Reset NVRAM and now it boots into GRUB.

6. I need to go back into the BIOS  change the primary boot disk to the one Ventura is installed on

7. However, after changing the primary boot disk to Ventura's, I cannot boot into Kubuntu (It says missing certain files); unless I go back to the BIOS and change the primary boot disk to Kubuntu's, it which case it just boots into Grub's bootpicker.

8. I also don't see OpenCore as a standalone boot choice in the BIOS now (Is this normal?)

Any help?

Edited by mengshi

Reactivated LauncherOption to full

Found section on Linux multiboot in Dortania guide and installed OpenLinuxBoot.efi and ext_x64.efi

Reinstalled Kubuntu

Now I am able to boot to either OSX or Kubuntu but in Kubuntu the boot process still will show Grub first before going into Kubuntu - is this normal?

• Like 1