10.4 Kernel Panic, NVMe controller timeout? asus z790

1 post in this topic

My first time posting ina LOOONG time (2017 ha!)

Well first the TLDR and System info:

Bought a MOBO/SSD combo from TECHNOLLI (youtuber for hackintosh videos) with latest Opencore and SONOMA 10.4 preinstalled

Installed the components system, booted up fine after I flashed with latest BIOS update and enabling XMP1 because before that it would not POST with XMP enabled. But it won't sleep and I keep getting Kernel Panic with a message:

nvme: \"3rd party NVMe controller. Command timeout. Write. [/CODE]

KP file and EFI.zip attached.

After I made some customizations from the below list, the NVMe Controller time out error would happen randomly: just after login it happened a few tiems. I figured i'd upload what I started with before tinkering and go from there but here is a list of what I tried in another configuration that is not in the uploaded EFI:

Cleared Diagnostic Logs folder

KEXT:

NVMeFix
HibernationFixup

cpufriend

USBWakeFixup

SSDT:

SSDT-GPRW.aml with a patch https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Post-Install/blob/master/extra-files/GPRW-Patch.plist

Thank you all!

Micro Center Intel Core i9-12900K Desktop Processor 16 (8P+8E) Cores up to 5.2 GHz Unlocked with ASUS TUF Gaming Z790- Plus WiFi DDR5 LGA 1700 ATX Gaming Motherboard

MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ProArt Z790-Creator WiFi 6E LGA 1700

CPU: i9-14900K

Crucial T700 1TB Gen5 NVMe M.2 SSD - Up to 11,700 MB/s - DirectStorage Enabled - CT1000T700SSD3 - Gaming, Photography, Video Editing & Design - Internal Solid State Drive
CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB DDR5 RAM 32GB (2x16GB) 6400MHz CL36 Intel XMP iCUE Compatible Computer Memory - Black (CMH32GX5M2B6400C36)
 81mI4ZeTYGL._AC_SX679_.jpg MSI Gaming Radeon RX 580 4GB GDRR5 DirectX 12 VR Ready CFX Graphcis Card (RX 580 ARMOR 4G OC)
CORSAIR H150i RGB Elite Liquid CPU Cooler - 360mm AIO - AF120 Elite PWM Fans - Intel® LGA 1700, 1200, 2066, AMD® AM5 & AM4 Sockets - White
CORSAIR H150i RGB Elite Liquid CPU Cooler - 360mm AIO 

I did not setup the EFI myself or load the system but have spent the last 4 days tinkering and refamiliarizing myself with hackintosh after I did my last system setup in 2017. Opencore seems to have replaced clover as the popular bootloader and while I don't understand what every part of the bootable system is (not really sure what SSDT is, for example, but I know that Kexts are like drivers in windows but i'm capapble. 

I'm not sure if i'm missing anything from my EFI? Is this an issue with my M.2 drive and compatibility with sonoma? 

Someone recommended I add Nvmefix and some other files but I just ended up disabling my wifi card. 

I ended up bricking my EFI and then copied the back the EFI from the install USB TECHNOLLI created for my system and got it back to where I started. Any help is appreciated. the KP log is inside the efi folder.

I've attached a link to my EFI folder in google docs since it's bigger than the allowed 10mb on here.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16w0mGnogybiszuFogR7wRY5s1POLZs3g/view?usp=sharing

• Haha 1