p4p800 E Dlx with 160 GB SATA

Ytewr

5 posts in this topic

Dont you know why?

I have XP installation at my first 10 GB primary partition. I've created 2nd primary FAT32 partition. When i boot installation DVD with -v arg, i can see smth like "unable to mount disk0s1, unable to mount disk0s2, unable to mount disk0s5 ". And when I start DiskUtils, and press Erase to HFS+ Journaled, it writes "mounting volume", and then "recreating partition map". And I see no changes.

Any Ideas?

PS.

When I click Info, it says that disk has Windows Filesystem, Writeable, but cannot be formatted...

Is it because of unsupported SATA? If it is so, why then I see my Sata disk?

I have a similar problem with Dell Dimension 4700 with 915G chipset and Maxtor 160GB SATA HD.

The partitions on the HD are as follow:

1. Small FAT16 primary partition (inactive) where Dell stores the Diagnostic utilities.

2. 20GB NTFS primary partition (active) where WinXP is installed.

3. 110 GB NTFS extended partition.

4. 20GB primary partition unformatted (inactive) - planned to install OSX86 on it from Patched DVD Installation Disc.

DiskUtilities does detect the HD but cannot mount any partiton on the HD.

Using verify & repair in DiskUtilities also didn't help.

Does anyone has similar problem and have solution to it?

hmmm, well what I did was I got the image and burned it. I went ahead (no disk utilities at all) and put the disk in the drive and rebooted. In the Install Menu I selected to make a new partition of 35 GB in the HD, I have a 200 GB HDD, then installed Mac OS X Journalled Partition. I then proceeded with the install, everything was notmal after I deleted the TPM and ATI Kexts.

MoldyBread, it would be great if you tell whether you are using 1 HD or 2HD and list down the sequence of the partition in each HD, especially the location of the partition when OSX86 was installed.

It seems that OSX86 can't install on the primary partition beyond 128GB.

Does anyone have problem like me & successfully install OSX86 on 1 HD (dualboot with WinXP) when the primary AF partition is located within 128GB?

EDIT

-----

I managed to solve the problem.

Please follow this link for my solution.

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?sh...663entry24663

• 2 years later...
Dont you know why?

I have XP installation at my first 10 GB primary partition. I've created 2nd primary FAT32 partition. When i boot installation DVD with -v arg, i can see smth like "unable to mount disk0s1, unable to mount disk0s2, unable to mount disk0s5 ". And when I start DiskUtils, and press Erase to HFS+ Journaled, it writes "mounting volume", and then "recreating partition map". And I see no changes.

Any Ideas?

PS.

When I click Info, it says that disk has Windows Filesystem, Writeable, but cannot be formatted...

Is it because of unsupported SATA? If it is so, why then I see my Sata disk?

Had the exact same problem.

500GB S-ATA harddrive.

10GB NTFS partition for XP64 Pro

The rest FAT32.

Started OS X installation, clicked erase and all that, nothing worked (partition still grey).

What I did was click on the harddrive (not partition) choose partition and then choosed "1 partition" and wiped out the NTFS partition.

Worked great! The partitions text became black, and ready for installing;)

Still have a problem with the 128GB limit though...

DOH!