EFI Advice

panosru

1 post in this topic

I'm on macOS Sonoma v14.3 and I have uploaded my EFI here for anyone interested to check it out. I have changed any sensitive info like MLB, Serial etc.

Although I feel that the EFI is solid, I know there are people here much more knowledgeable on the matter than I am, therefore I would appreciate your thoughts on my EFI, and maybe propose some improvements or even alternatives. Aside from a couple of issues that I describe here and here, everything else seems to be working just fine with my EFI, but an extra pair of eyes won't harm anyone. I used to use iMac19,1 EFI but after I switched to MacPro7,1 I noticed a significant performance boost with my GPU and rendering time dropping a lot, also, it felt more robust and stable. I have properly mapped my USBs and tested every port to make sure that is are working as intended.

I'm not an avid gamer, I only might play WoW from time to time, mostly I use my workstation for work and the heaviest tasks that I'm involved in are for either AI model training when I'm programming or doing academic research (which lately I offload that task to external services) or video rendering, especially upscaling 1080p to 4k with use of AI. When I render both my GPUs are used and that cuts the rendering time almost in half, but, besides that, I'm using 5 displays (3x4k@60Hz and 2x ultrawide 2560x1080@60Hz), so, there are multiple reasons why I need two GPUs. Since I have two GPUs, one is at PCIx8 and the other at PCIx4, but, for RX 6600 XT from what I have calculated the PCIx4 bandwidth is enough.

My hardware

The parts of my Hackintosh are listed here, the main components are:

• Intel i7 13700k
  • ASRock Z790 LiveMixer (BIOS v13.02)
  • 4x16GB DDR5 Kingston Renegate Silver 6000MT/s (Running at 3600MHz since all four slots are occupied)
  • 2x RX 6600 XT 8GB PowerColor Red Devil
  • Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen
  • WD Blue SN570 2TB M.2 (as main storage)

I'm also attaching a few screenshots from Hackintool and the kernel log.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 17.12.03.png

Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 17.14.35.png

Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 17.16.04.png

kernel-log.txt

Edited by panosru