The GeForce 6 series and Snow Leopard

BlaBlaBla4042

2 posts in this topic

Hi! My rig has a NVIDIA Quadro FX 1400 (a PCIe card, it has the same NV41 chip as some GeForce 6800 models), and it works flawlessly on 10.4.10 and 10.5 with just its device ID added into NVDANV40Hal.kext and an EFI string (I generated it with OSx86 Tools).

Now, I have installed 10.6.3, and I did the same things I mentioned above. However, when booting with the -v flag, I can see the line "NVDANV40HAL loaded and registered", then it regularly progresses a bit more and finally hangs right before initializing video, that is, before showing that blue screen and the desktop. I am also booting with the arch=i386 flag in my com.apple.Boot.plist file.

In a desperate attempt, I also tried to add the device ID of my Quadro FX 1400 into NVDAResman.kext (although I never had to do that for Tiger and Leopard), but it didn't change a thing. If I try to remove the EFI string, leaving only the modified kexts, Snow Leopard boots fine, with no graphics acceleration, of course,

What I wonder now, since I haven't really found any enlightening answer so far, is:

- Does Snow Leopard actually support the NVIDIA GeForce 6 series of cards, since my card uses one of those chips?

Here's the rest of my specs

- Motherboard: AOPEN I945GMm-HL

- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T5500

- RAM: 2 GB DDR2

- Graphics card: NVIDIA Quadro FX 1400