How to? Get DSDT in Opencore the folder ? SYSREPORT

makk

3 posts in this topic

I used Opencore once upon a time to get the acpi tables in a folder.

I forgot the way to do this. 

My laptop using Maciasl doesn't compile a dsdt at all.  I need to make an SSDT-HPET. aml which I deleted long ago to opt for SSDT-HPET-Disable.aml.

SSDTtime app by Corpnewt is the way I am trying but, the option has changed to where it doesn't have the dump option in the menu.

doesn't seem to work Misc/Debug/  Sysreport to generate acpi table dumps for ssdt's dsdt etc.,

Thank you kindly

Edited by makk

Here's the scoop to get this working:

SysReport Quirk

With OpenCore 0.5.9, we have a new quirk called SysReport which will actually dump your DSDT automatically when hitting the boot screen. The main issues are:

• You already need a bootable OpenCore USB to get this dump
  • This also requires a DEBUG version of 0.5.9

For the latter, you just need to replace the following files with DEBUG version

(opens new window):

• EFI/BOOT/
    • BOOTx64.efi
  • EFI/OC/Bootstrap/
    • Bootstrap.efi
  • EFI/OC/Drivers/
    • OpenRuntime.efi
  • EFI/OC/
    • OpenCore.efi

this way is better:  grab acpidump.efi and put in Tools dir and then stiick it in  config.plist

UEFI Shell

For this, we'll want to grab acpidump.efi

(opens new window) and add this to EFI/OC/Tools and in your config under Misc -> Tools with the argument: -b -n DSDT -z and select this option in OpenCore's picker.

If OpenCore is having issues running acpidump.efi from the boot picker, you can call it from the shell with OpenShell

(opens new window)(reminder to add to both EFI/OC/Tools and in your config under Misc -> Tools 😞

UEFI Shell OpenShell

shell> fs0: // replace with proper drive
fs0:\> dir  // to verify this is the right directory
   Directory of fs0:\
   01/01/01 3:30p EFI
fs0:\> cd EFI\OC\Tools
fs0:\EFI\OC\Tools> acpidump.efi -b -n DSDT -z  

Edited by makk

I like the approach with the SysReport Quirk in OpenCore 0.5.9. Just remember, you need a bootable OpenCore USB and the DEBUG version of 0.5.9 for it to work. Replacing the necessary files with their DEBUG versions should get you on track.

Did you notice any significant differences in the output or process compared to the older SSDTtime method? Also, have you encountered any specific challenges or nuances while using acpidump.efi through the UEFI Shell approach?