Jump to content

What are the steps to create layout for AppleALC ?


Siddharth Manthan
 Share

15 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I've faced similar issues with audio jacks in the past. The guide @cankiulascmnfye shared is a solid start. Dive into your laptop's audio specs, and match them with macOS requirements. AppleALC works well across different hackintosh setups, so you're on the right track. 

 

A tip: keep notes of your changes as you experiment. It helps backtrack if needed. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Siddharth Manthan said:

Is combo jack detection known to work on macos with AppleALC ? 

 

Want to make it work but does it work on other hackintosh systems ?

Probably it works while I am personally always using VoodooHDA.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/27/2023 at 6:50 PM, ArcaneRhapsody said:

I've faced similar issues with audio jacks in the past. The guide @cankiulascmnfye shared is a solid start. Dive into your laptop's audio specs, and match them with macOS requirements. AppleALC works well across different hackintosh setups, so you're on the right track. 

 

A tip: keep notes of your changes as you experiment. It helps backtrack if needed. 

Yes, will keep track of changes.
 

 

On 11/27/2023 at 11:32 PM, Slice said:

Probably it works while I am personally always using VoodooHDA.

What really is the difference between VoodooHDA and AppleALC ? From quick glance at sourceforge repo, VoodooHDA basically replaces AppleALC. How much of a quality difference is it ?

Edited by Siddharth Manthan
Fixed Driver Name
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Siddharth Manthan said:

 

What really is the difference between VoodooHDA and VoodooALC ? From quick glance at sourceforge repo, VoodooHDA basically replaces AppleALC. How much of a quality difference is it ?

The audio stream is created by a player application. The role of a driver is to direct the audio stream to one of audio output. Without changes.

The difference between drivers is to find inputs and outputs and tune the volume

Screenshot 2023-11-28 at 20.17.10.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Slice said:

The audio stream is created by a player application. The role of a driver is to direct the audio stream to one of audio output. Without changes.

The difference between drivers is to find inputs and outputs and tune the volume

Screenshot 2023-11-28 at 20.17.10.png

So the way VoodooHDA and AppleALC differ is how they find the path to the target device ?

Edited by Siddharth Manthan
Fixed Driver Name
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Siddharth Manthan said:

So the way VoodooHDA and AppleALC differ is how they find the path to the target device ?

Exactly.

VoodooHDA has customizable Info.plist.

AppleALC proposes to choose ready-to-use configuration numerated as "layout-id".

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

AppleALC can switch between Jack and Internal Speaker etc automatically, which VoodooHDA can't do.

Because of read-to-use configuration of some layout.

VoodooHDA can switch between two outputs if configure to the same group  and different pin.

For example

<dict>
<key>Codec</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Internal mic</string>
<key>Config</key>
<string>0x90a70130</string>
<key>Node</key>
<integer>18</integer>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Codec</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>External mic switchable</string>
<key>Config</key>
<string>0x03a1103f</string>
<key>Node</key>
<integer>19</integer>
</dict>

Here we see switch between two microphones (which is impossible with AppleALC). Node 18 is in the group 3 pin 0  (last two digits). Node 19 is in group 3 - the same - pin f.

Third digit =1 for node 18 - fixed. digit = 0 - jack.

The same for outputs. We can look your dump and propose what to tune.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Slice said:

Exactly.

VoodooHDA has customizable Info.plist.

AppleALC proposes to choose ready-to-use configuration numerated as "layout-id".

It's nice that VoodooHDA can be used without creating a complex layout but it has audio issues. 

 

16 hours ago, Slice said:

We can look your dump and propose what to tune.

I have created a seperate topic to create a new layout to keep this topic focused.
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...