HP ProBook 650 G2 flickering with intel HD520 when external DP monitor is connected and outputs 4K@60Hz

Stefan Milev

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I hope someone can help me with this annoying issue. I have an HP ProBook 650 G2 laptop and recently decided to hackintosh it. I use opencore 0.9.6 to boot. I have an installation of Mojave, Ventura and Sonoma on it for testing. All 3 OSes are running, power management is running, sleep works, wifi and Bluetooth work natively (changed the card with BCM94360NG). Up until yesterday I did not even know that I have this issue. If I connect an external 4K monitor to the DisplayPort of the laptop, I cannot get 60Hz to work in any resolution, I was using AAPL,ig-platform-id  0000C087 and device-id  16590000 . I use the same monitor with the same laptop on Windows 10 and I observe no issues with hardware or performance.

I started looking around and I found a guide that was suggesting to use 00001B59 for the framebuffer. I tested that and it gave me the option to enable 4K at 60Hz. Unfortunately, when I use some graphic demanding tasks, the external monitor flickers, sometimes the laptop/LVDC monitor flickers as well. When I say graphic intensive, that means light stuff like moving windows around quickly.

I'm not exactly sure why is this happening. I hope that someone has a setup like this functioning and can shed some light on the issue. I will attach my EFI folder and some screenshots for information.

Screenshot-2023-10-17-at-12-45-04.png

Screenshot-2023-10-17-at-12-46-03.png

Screenshot-2023-10-17-at-12-47-11.png

Thanks in advance to anyone who looks at this.

EFI.zip

Attaching IOreg, could not do it in the previous post.

MacBookPro14.1_IOreg.zip