Crossover Wine

Menelkir

10 posts in this topic

It's being some time Codeweavers released a wine that supported wined3d but I've found the performance very subpar, specially compared to linux.

I've tested both 22 and 23, with 23 I've tested with and without DXVK.

I've also tested gptk on Sonoma beta (yes, you can install and build via homebrew), no difference in performance whatsoever.

I also understand MoltenVK supports vulkan up to 1.2 so some things will be missing for DXVK.

Any tips or ideas to improve the performance?

Not only performance but even compatibility, I notice things missing when dx11 or dx12 comes to table. I've tried many different combinations and configurations from everything I've read and failed miserable. 😅

Edited by Menelkir

Wine compatibility with different application is a world problem. Wine (1Gb) is not Windows (100Gb) so don't expect exactly all functions.

I may propose just test different engines. My Sherry for example.

4 hours ago, Slice said:

Wine compatibility with different application is a world problem. Wine (1Gb) is not Windows (100Gb) so don't expect exactly all functions.

I may propose just test different engines. My Sherry for example.

I know, by compatibility I mean compared to wine on linux, for example. I will try Sherry soon.

Also, one question, do I really need metal 3 for some things to work on wine? I have RX580 and I've notice some slowdowns or sprites disappearing in some games that doesn't happen at all in linux, for a matter of comparison.

Edited by Menelkir

25 minutes ago, Slice said:

This is rather the question to MoltenVK if it using Metal3 to emulate Vulkan.

Wine using Vulkan to emulate DX11/12 both in macOS and in Linux.

Yeah. Also, for your Sherry, this dxvk is the one to be used, right? https://github.com/Gcenx/DXVK-macOS

Or Sherry relies on wined3d?

• 3 weeks later...