ivy bridge+ RX570 systems mac os Sonoma graphics problem

turko35408

11 posts in this topic

Hello. I'm not new to it. I also successfully installed macOS Sonoma. This is the case after the installation of OCLP 0.6.7 and dev 0.6.8. There is a similar issue in OCLP support. Thanks.

i7 3770 HD 4000

ASUS EX RX 570 4 GB

16 GB Dual 1600 MHz

PNY CS900 120 GB SSD

Ekran Resmi 2023-07-14 20.24.02-min.png

Ekran Resmi 2023-07-18 02.25.14.png

• Like 1

thanks for your answer. I tried SMBIOS's. The result is the same. I think this problem is caused by the AVX2 requirement of polaris based graphics cards. OCLP solves this problem for macOS Ventura. But I guess the situation is different in macOS Sonoma.

11 hours ago, turko35408 said:

Ekran Resmi 2023-07-18 02.25.14.png

The experimental patch is not part of OpenCore Legacy patcher 0.6.7. Your screenshot is from the issue thread of OCLP that documents the state of the patcher's current development. So you have to wait until the next version drops or compile OCLP it yourself and see if it is integrated in this branch: https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/tree/sonoma-development

Instructions: https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/blob/sonoma-development/SOURCE.md

Edited by cankiulascmnfye
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 7/24/2023 at 1:24 PM, turko35408 said:

The problem was solved with OCLP 0.6.8 beta. 😎

Ekran Resmi 2023-07-24 12.12.37.png

hello, i have same spec except gpu i have rx570 8G, can you please share your efi files ?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Run OCLP after installation so that the Ivy Bridge processor can work smoothly with the RX 400-500 series.
All settings have been configured.
When the OCLP process is finished, delete the -amd_no_dgpu_accel command in BootArgs before restart.

Note: With Ivy Bridge after mac OS Sonoma 14.4 Beta 2, the graphics card does not even work with OCLP:(

I haven't tried mac OS Sonoma 14.4 Beta 3, but it stays on the black screen in the 14.4 RC version.

Edited by turko35408