AirportItlwm.kext (pre-release) wi-fi6 intel AX211 works good Sonoma beta 2

Max.1974

21 posts in this topic

Hi guys

Good news, AirportItlwm.kext (pre-release) wi-fi6 intel AX211 works good Sonoma beta 2.

Check here:

https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm/issues/883#issuecomment-1619507362 

All credit is for this developer from GitHub

https://github.com/zxystd

1215873858_CapturadeTela2023-07-04s03_34_49.png.e279cce2b36c1b8463dab806be5e0864.png

1535207178_CapturadeTela2023-07-04s03_33_44.png.d417fcf6c334bd5522f34537516ae773.png

992746747_CapturadeTela2023-07-04s03_34_32.png.f890d939d23da7d44aa5aa73bea8b53f.png

1773732738_Sonoma-AirportItlwm2.3.0.zip

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, mariosun said:

it is a great project with some problems by now

No airdrop

with intel wifi ax210 only 

no iMessage, No Facetime

No Continuity Cam and all features connected to airdrop

To me not works only Airdrop, but iMessage, Iphone Camera, FaceTime is works nice!!! Need compile your own kexts and map your USBs

BTW im want answer for coders if was possible create a bridge kext to connected BT Fenvi native with intel wireless to make Airdrop works. 

7 hours ago, mariosun said:

using only Intel WIFI or have you also your ethernet cable conneted and used?

Both. Tested with ethernet disconnected and works!! 

But, im almost sure 99% that works because im follow this tutorial to make my mapping from usb ports.

https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/tree/main/03_USB_Fixes/ACPI_Mapping_USB_Ports

And, im compiled my own Opencore and kexts with Sonoma Xcode Beta 15 v. 3

Im sure that is reason of my success about this tread. 

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, mariosun said:

happy for you

i do not see others with the same succes also in github thread of the betatesters

Thanks my friend if you need some Help im here

• Like 2

Okay, my laptop connects to Wi-Fi but 1-2 minutes later system crashes and restarts. Working well with itlwm tho. Hope devs will fix it in future updates. Thanks for the hard work!

EDIT: Totally forgot to reset the NVRAM. All working now! Amazing :) Screen mirroring is also working (despite Ventura).

Edited by CloverLeaf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/31/2023 at 11:54 AM, CloverLeaf said:

Okay, my laptop connects to Wi-Fi but 1-2 minutes later system crashes and restarts. Working well with itlwm tho. Hope devs will fix it in future updates. Thanks for the hard work!

EDIT: Totally forgot to reset the NVRAM. All working now! Amazing :) Screen mirroring is also working (despite Ventura).

Congrats my friend @CloverLeaf sorry so much to lazy saw all messages....good news!!! 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/23/2023 at 5:59 PM, Max.1974 said:

Both. Tested with ethernet disconnected and works!! 

But, im almost sure 99% that works because im follow this tutorial to make my mapping from usb ports.

https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/tree/main/03_USB_Fixes/ACPI_Mapping_USB_Ports

And, im compiled my own Opencore and kexts with Sonoma Xcode Beta 15 v. 3

Im sure that is reason of my success about this tread. 

Hi @Max.1974

When you said im compiled my own Opencore and kexts, you also mean intel kexts ?

In yes case where did you found Intel beta src ? (on official GitHub no beta taking in account Sonoma)

Or are you using intel kext build from OpenIntelWireless guys ?

I've AX200 working with AirportItlwm but no iMessage and so on.

Fred

Edited by FredWst
  • Like 1

On 10/10/2023 at 7:55 PM, FredWst said:

Hi @Max.1974

When you said im compiled my own Opencore and kexts, you also mean intel kexts ?

In yes case where did you found Intel beta src ? (on official GitHub no beta taking in account Sonoma)

Or are you using intel kext build from OpenIntelWireless guys ?

I've AX200 working with AirportItlwm but no iMessage and so on.

Fred

Hi @FredWst For Sonoma, since 14.0.0 Beta5+, you have to use AirportItlwm Preview 05 (not Airport from the OpenIntelWireless master branch), I believe. I can't find source of this preview.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, FredWst said:

Oi@Matgen84

Eu removo desde o primeiro dia BRCM du para desativar o gole necessário e o patch OCLP necessário.

Eu também procuro por src do AirportItlwm Preview 05 

Talvez o desenvolvedor possa criar uma ramificação beta no GitHub, isso pode acelerar o desenvolvimento.

Fred

On 10/10/2023 at 2:55 PM, FredWst said:

Oi@Max.1974

Quando você disse que eu compilei meu próprio Opencore e kexts, você também quer dizer intel kexts?

Em sim, onde você encontrou o Intel beta src? (no GitHub oficial sem beta tomando conta Sonoma)

Ou você está usando o intel kext build dos caras do OpenIntelWireless?

Eu tenho o AX200 trabalhando com o AirportItlwm, mas sem iMessage e assim por diante.

Fred

Hi my friends, thanks @Matgen84 to answear 

@FredWst for Sonoma its not possible compile kexts yet, because developer zxystd from GitHub make beta kext, and like Matgen84 said, not possible compile with XCODE those betas, like IntelBTpatcher and Airportitlwm.

Only will works win Sonoma 14 RC or 14.1 beta this kext: Preview 5,  with BluetoolFixup.kext  if you needed. I not use Broadcom Bluetoolfixup.kext. If not need, use only IntelBTpatcher.kext. if needed, use both. 

Beta 5 AirportItlwm.kext can be download from here, in final from page 

https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm/issues/883

* * * * * *. *

HOW COMPILE YOUR OWN KEXTS - YOUR MACHINE LOOKS LIKE A REAL MAC

Im compile my all others kexts, with Xcode. Not so simple, but not terrify difficult 

You can  Download Kexts from Source in GitHub, need use   MacKernelSDK that I recommend from TomHaven page:

https://github.com/TomHeaven/MacKernelSDK 

Install XCODE and LineTools. Need make youR Lilu Debug first.

After that, insert LiluDebug.kext in folder that Kext Source  (for exemple Whatevergreen.kext) and MacKernelSDK too. 

I  record a little screen video for you.

Need check you XCODE build and run play on XCODE.

Its not so complicated, in this video I will show my method, Its possible you make all kexts essencials,  included Broadcom kexts...

Spoiler

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, FredWst said:

Hi,

Thank's @Max.1974 for time taken to explain that, it will help newbies users. :)  

When I read your posts, i understood that you was having src of beta and sdk which is needed to build it.

Sorry for the mistake.

Fred

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @FredWst

To have Lilu kexts up to date or Opencore, you can also download them for each commit from Dortania: Here

Hi all

Hello my dears, yes it is possible to download the kexts, but I got errors when I tried to understand the conflicts that the Intel kexts gave in relation to my hardware. And compiling kexts is transforming the "driver" into native to your hardware. There is nothing better than building a driver directly from your equipment. And Opencore the same thing. If necessary, compile Opencore which will certainly bring speed, fluidity, consistency and legacity to your hardware in relation to the MacOS system.

Good Hack! 

Regards! 

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @FredWst

To have Lilu kexts up to date or Opencore, you can also download them for each commit from Dortania: Here

It makes a long time I didn't compile myself OC and Kext.

I use https://github.com/rusty-bits/octool

Fred

15 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

Hi all

Hello my dears, yes it is possible to download the kexts, but I got errors when I tried to understand the conflicts that the Intel kexts gave in relation to my hardware. And compiling kexts is transforming the "driver" into native to your hardware. There is nothing better than building a driver directly from your equipment. And Opencore the same thing. If necessary, compile Opencore which will certainly bring speed, fluidity, consistency and legacity to your hardware in relation to the MacOS system.

Good Hack! 

Regards! 

You're right for speed, I will compile myself OC and Kext, just like I was doing some years ago.

But for stability I chose to use Dortania build and stay on Release branch.

Edit:

@Max.1974 prefer Use : https://github.com/acidanthera/MacKernelSDK.git insted of https://github.com/TomHeaven/MacKernelSDK 

Fred 

Edited by FredWst
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1