Disable Nvidia GPU for HP Pavilion 15" P208NK

ammoune78

4 posts in this topic

Hi, i have this laptop HP Pavilion 15" P208NK, that have this hardware: i7-5500U, Intel HD 5500 Graphics, Nvidia "GTX 840M" that i want to disable, so i can boot catalina. This is my current owned laptop, i don't know what things needed, but i'm managing now to disable this GFX0 "GTX840M" because until now, the laptop can't boot. Using OpenCore, i can't see someting, and it keeps rebooting, while using Clover at least, i can see the first lines of the verbose until it KP on \_SB.PCI0.RP05.PXSX.

I'm attaching the extracted tables from Clover, so if anyone can help me fixing GPU disabling issue!

Thanks 

Pavilion P208NK ACPI.zip

Edited by ammoune78

8 hours ago, chris1111 said:

Yeah dude, long time, and i'm happy to be here again, enjoying this community that do the magic ^_^.

I've tried that ssdt, but i'm not sure if i done it the right way! But are the HD 5500 needing graphics patch from the Properties for stolen-mem or something else?

Because what i've seen in the last clover verbose, is that the iGPU past with error and then KP at the GFX0 path which is \_SB.PCI0.RP05.PXSX using that SSDT patch.

Do i need to patch the Intel Brdwl Framebuffer?

Problem solved, but using a weg arg in the igpu property! And my problem was in security=>SecureBootModel=Default, while the only working option is Disabled. If i set it to Default, it doesn't boot macOS at all.
I'll make two guides for my Desktop and later this Laptop, to keep a trace on how did they worked and then upload them to My GitHub repository and share it!

Sent from my Redmi Note 9S using Tapatalk