Is this a power management issue?

mengshi

1 post in this topic

I am having a strange issue with my T480s mackintosh (DSDT method and kext. Thanks Olarila). This is a vPro model T480s using the I219LM (not I219V) ethernet. using Intelmausi.kext lastest version.

If I boot the unit without the LAN cable plugged first and then subsequently plug in the LAN cable, the Ethernet does not automatically get detected and cannot be toggled on. The only way I have found to make the LAN cable detectable is to reboot it with the LAN cable in or putting the unit sleep and then waking it up again.

I have tried using one of the more popular T480s Opencore repository on Github. This was quite bloated unfortunately and boots up very slowly but the above strange behaviour was not seen. Power management with this was also suboptimal. There is not SSDT-PLUG

My current power management using the DSDT and supplementing with CPUFriend kext is quite good I think (see the Intel Power Gadget screenshot). 

Was just wondering if this is power management DSDT related? or DSDT GLAN definition problem?

Screenshot 2023-05-07 at 9.45.37 AM.png