Can't boot! OCABC: Found legacy AptioMemoryFix driver

JanRocker

5 posts in this topic

Hello friends.

I have been running without problems my Catalina Hackintosh based on AudioGod's mini guide for more than 2 years. 

Today... disaster! I was copying content from my EFI folder to start preparing for a system update when something happened and I the EFI partition could not be unmounted.

After that, every time I try to boot my system using clover, I get the error: "OCABC: Found legacy AptioMemoryFix driver".

Any idea?

Thank you very very very very much. I am starting to be desperate.

Hello, I have some developments.

I have been able to temporarily recover my system twice by reinstalling it with a bootable USB and also recovering it with TimeMachine.

The problem is that shortly after it is recovered it gets corrupted again and when I boot the system I get a prohibited sign in a black screen. I don't get the AptioMemoryFix error message anymore.

Could it be that the HDD is fried? I have experienced 3 power outages in the last couple of days that abruptly left the system without juice.

Any ideas?? Thanks!!!

PS: I would consider migrating to OpenCore and updating to the latest version of MacOS. Any guide I could follow considering my System configuration?

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

i9 9900k

32 (2x16) 3200 cl16 Corsair Vengeance pro rgb

Corsair h150i pro AIO

250 gb Samsung Evo plus 970 NVMe -->MACOS

1 tb Samsung Evo plus 970 NVMe -->WIN

Corsair 750w tm750x

PCIe with WiFi BT combo (installed in the short pcie bay next to the last M2)

Edited by JanRocker
missing information

• 5 months later...
On 4/18/2023 at 1:43 AM, JanRocker said:

Hello friends.

I have been running without problems my Catalina Hackintosh based on AudioGod's mini guide for more than 2 years. 

Today... disaster! I was copying content from my EFI folder to start preparing for a system update when something happened and I the EFI partition could not be unmounted.

After that, every time I try to boot my system using clover, I get the error: "OCABC: Found legacy AptioMemoryFix driver".

Any idea?

Thank you very very very very much. I am starting to be desperate.

Why AptioMemoryFix?

Modern Clover uses OpenRuntime driver. Consider to update your EFI.

• Like 2