Can’t Patch graphics with OCLP on Intel intel hd graphics 4400 ventura

DMhackintosh

43 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, ArcaneRhapsody said:

Hmmm... NVIDIA GT730 might work. Just check those BIOS settings and make sure your bootable USB for Big Sur or Catalina has the right setup. It can be tricky, but you've got this.

thank, so would u take a look at some screenshots i posted above is right config? i just want to sure they correctly then check others

10 hours ago, oldman20 said:

thank, so would u take a look at some screenshots i posted above is right config? i just want to sure they correctly then check others

Sure... I think you're on the right track. The BIOS settings look consistent with what's needed for running macOS Big Sur or Catalina on a non-Apple hardware setup.
Remember to double-check the usual suspects like ensuring that the 'Secure Boot' is disabled and that you're using the correct platform-id for your GPU. The device-properties section in your config.plist should match your hardware specifics for the GT730.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2023 at 10:50 PM, cankiulascmnfye said:

OpenCore Legacy Patcher.

Use an empty Framebuffer for the iGPU for IQSV. And use nv_disable=1 boot-arg, so the card  runs in VESA mode. After applying root patches, you can remove the boot-arg

On 11/29/2023 at 7:02 PM, cankiulascmnfye said:

@oldman20

Empty Framebuffer = iGPU is only used for computational tasks and not displaying a picture. IQSV (= Intel QuickSync Video) is a computational task, for example. And since you didn't follow my instructions your iGPU is now misconfigured. Because you have BOTH iGPU and GPU configured for displaying picture.

So, change the following:

AAPL,ig-platform-id to 04001204

Leave Device ID as is

Disable framebuffer… entries (put # in front), dlete the agdc entry

Delete nvidia_drv_vrl=1 >> Not required for kepler card. Otherwise you tell the system to load web drivers (which are not present anyway) while telling it to use VESA mode at the same ime. BTW: the correct boot-arg is nvda_drv_vrl=1 NOT nvidia_drv_vrl=1

Save the config.plist and Reboot.

11 hours ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

@oldman20 I already told you what the config issues are…

Many thank, i think has impruved. Now after patch with oclp and remove nv_disable=1 boot-flag, still can bootable, but still not patch gt730? Any reason, pls?

12 hours ago, ArcaneRhapsody said:

Sure... I think you're on the right track. The BIOS settings look consistent with what's needed for running macOS Big Sur or Catalina on a non-Apple hardware setup.
Remember to double-check the usual suspects like ensuring that the 'Secure Boot' is disabled and that you're using the correct platform-id for your GPU. The device-properties section in your config.plist should match your hardware specifics for the GT730.

On 11/29/2023 at 8:29 PM, ArcaneRhapsody said:

Hmmm... NVIDIA GT730 might work. Just check those BIOS settings and make sure your bootable USB for Big Sur or Catalina has the right setup. It can be tricky, but you've got this.

Thank, but i think my bios is correct, i can boot installer and installable, but cant patch hd4400 or gt730

Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 17.06.38.png

Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 17.06.46.png

Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 17.06.55.png

Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 17.06.59.png

Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 17.17.21.png

• Like 1

@oldman20 Well, the card is detcted and working. You have a picture and the card is listed in System Profiler. The white desktop in Sonoma indicates that acceleration is not working due to the missing Kepler Drivers.

• Delete nv_disable=1
  • Save your config and reboot
  • Use the latest beta version of OCLP (1.3.0) for patching and check if it detects the card now

If it still doesn't detect the card automatically, we have to enable the patch in the source code of OLCP and compile a custom build. Instructions later. The reason it's not detected is most likely that the device-id for GT 730 is not in the pool of supported deviced of OCLP if it has not been used in any of the real Apple Mac models.

Force-enabling Kepler GPU patches in OCLP: https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/blob/main/14_OCLP_Wintel/Enable_Features/GPU_Sonoma.md

Edited by cankiulascmnfye
  • Thanks 2

@oldman20

Are you sure, your GT 730 is a Kepler card? Because apparently, 2 variants exist: Fermi (GF 108) and Kepler (GK208B). And Fermi is not compatible.

If the drivers have been installed successfully (no error messages in OCLP) and if the card is a Kepler card, delete nv_disable=1 so accelleration works after next reboot. If this doesn't work there's an issue with the patcher that has to be fixed first. I know that in 14.2 beta there are issues with patching Kepler cards. But in 14.1. it should work.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

@oldman20

Are you sure, your GT 730 is a Kepler card? Because apparently, 2 variants exist: Fermi (GF 108) and Kepler (GK208B). And Fermi is not compatible.

If the drivers have been installed successfully (no error messages in OCLP) and if the card is a Kepler card, delete nv_disable=1 so accelleration works after next reboot. If this doesn't work there's an issue with the patcher that has to be fixed first. I know that in 14.2 beta there are issues with patching Kepler cards. But in 14.1. it should work.

OMG, my mistake, i remember it is GF108 😅

So now only choice is hd 4400, but i tried before do with gt730, and no luck. Would u teach me for hd 4400 like the way do with gt 730?

14 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

@oldman20

Please put a big sticker om your GPU which says "FERMI" so you neverever forget again :D 

Next,

• Revert the root patches
  • Restore the previous iGPU Framebuffer patch:
    Bildschirmfoto2023-12-01um14_09_55.png.4311d90fe9a8873a9b7e5676c36523e2.png
  • Save, reboot
  • Run the unmodified patcher again to patch in iGPU Drivers

I'm out.

Yeah, never forget now!

Should i need similiar boot flag like nv_disable=1 in nvidia for intel hd4400?

I cant find info about disable-agdc key, what's it for?

Edited by oldman20

10 hours ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

Addresses handshake issues when connecting an external HDMI display if a device-id and/or SMBIOS spoof is used.

11 hours ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

@oldman20

Please put a big sticker om your GPU which says "FERMI" so you neverever forget again :D 

Next,

• Revert the root patches
  • Restore the previous iGPU Framebuffer patch:
    Bildschirmfoto2023-12-01um14_09_55.png.4311d90fe9a8873a9b7e5676c36523e2.png
  • Save, reboot
  • Run the unmodified patcher again to patch in iGPU Drivers

I'm out.

I have issue back after followed instruction: boot freeze after patched hd 4400, maybe reason i still connect vga port?

I added -igfxvesa then reboot and run oclp to patch system, is it correctly or needed?

Quick notes:

- SPI and AMFI must be disabled (not required if you're going to use Monterey or lower, where the iGPU still has support)

- If booting Ventura, boot with "-igfxvesa" the first time. Disable it after patching with OCLP.

Edited by oldman20

Affter patched with (and without) -igfxvesa boot-flag, system boot "freeze" in this boot-log, but numlock led still responsible, so i think it not freeze, current i connect VGA port, maybe that's reason? maybe need connect dvi-d port?

And i can boot after patched with -igfxvesa boot-flag

Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 17.03.29.png

Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 17.01.14.png

Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 17.01.20.png

photo_2023-12-02_08-25-21.jpg

Edited by oldman20

2 hours ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

Since, you left your unsupported FERMI GT 730 in your system without disabling it in macOS, I suggest you disable it.

So add -wegnoegpu boot-arg

And just to make sure: check in BIOS if the iGPU is enabled or not.

Thank, igpu already enabled in BIOS, i will try boot with -wegnoegpu hope it work. Btw, so my desktop connect the monitor via VGA port not reason?

On 12/2/2023 at 10:31 PM, cankiulascmnfye said:

@oldman20 VGA support was dropped from macOS since OSX 10.8.2. you you need to use HDMI, DP or DVI

ok, i got it. When patched system with OCLP need switch to HDMI or DVI, DP 

and VGA still work before patched oclp

Edited by oldman20