Cannot boot from working USB installer

showard1

3 posts in this topic

Hi there - I have created an Open Core Ventura installer for my 27” late 2014 iMac but the iMac will not boot from it.   Holding “Option” at startup will not see the drive, Startup Manager on Big Sur does not see the drive,  but it is visible on the desktop and in Finder.

If I plug the installer into my 2011 MacBook Air, I am able to boot from it and proceed with the Ventura installation, proving that the problem is not the USB drive - it just will not boot on the iMac!
I have tried disabling SIP, and many other options but none seem to help.   Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this?   I have run out of ideas and it's driving me nuts!……

Apologies if this is the wrong forum....

Regards - Steve

Hi - If you're referring to a real Mac machine I am afraid you're possibly posting on the wrong Site. This site is all about Hackintosh (Windows P/C running OS X) although some members do own real Macs in one form or another but I think you'd be better off posting your query in an Apple Forum or try Google.

4 hours ago, eSaF said:

Hi - If you're referring to a real Mac machine I am afraid you're possibly posting on the wrong Site. This site is all about Hackintosh (Windows P/C running OS X) although some members do own real Macs in one form or another but I think you'd be better off posting your query in an Apple Forum or try Google.

Ventura on iMac 2014 is not possible. It is possible if convert real Mac into Hackintosh by known hackintosh technologies.

• Thanks 1