i can use touchpad with 3 finger gesture, but the OC log said invalid. any idea?

oldman20

7 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2023 at 9:09 PM, Baio77 said:

Sorry for late, here as your request, thank you 

(I modified kext oder and same result)

And in Example 6: I using VoodooPS2 + VoodooRMI + I2C but it not said about VoodooRMI.kext/Contents/PlugIns/RMISMBus.kext, but in Example 5 has this (not I2C)

opencore-2023-01-30-071406.txt Chức’s MacBook Pro.ioreg.zip config.plist

Edited by oldman20

and can I ask about this log?

00:000 00:000 LNX: Missing root option, \ostree not found - not fixing
01:203 01:203 LNX: Missing root option, \ostree not found - not fixing
01:253 00:050 AAPL: FileSetPosition:3108: FileSetPosition: attempt to set position for directory to 18446744073709551615
Not sure what is it? I googling but can't find anything 

Dell Laptops always use the VoodooPS2 + VoodooI2C solution, probably in your case you need HPET patches as Haswell and Brodwell also influence Audio and Trackpad on I2C. Use DSDT Origin to create unique patches for your Dell

• Thanks 1

If the trackpad works, then it doesn't need patches.

OpenCore is complaining because RMISMBus needs both VoodooRMI and VoodooSMBus to exist. If your using the trackpad in I2C mode, just disable RMISMBus in your config.plist. RMISMBus and RMII2C are how VoodooRMI attaches to VoodooSMBus and VoodooI2C respectively, so you only need one enabled anyways.
Edit: You can probably disable VoodooPS2Mouse and VoodooPS2Trackpad as well. I know the VRMI docs say to leave those enabled, but those are mostly for SMBus devices.

Edited by 1Revenger1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Baio77 said:

Dell Laptops always use the VoodooPS2 + VoodooI2C solution, probably in your case you need HPET patches as Haswell and Brodwell also influence Audio and Trackpad on I2C. Use DSDT Origin to create unique patches for your Dell

if your mean is IRQ fix HPET, yes i did

13 hours ago, 1Revenger1 said:

If the trackpad works, then it doesn't need patches.

OpenCore is complaining because RMISMBus needs both VoodooRMI and VoodooSMBus to exist. If your using the trackpad in I2C mode, just disable RMISMBus in your config.plist. RMISMBus and RMII2C are how VoodooRMI attaches to VoodooSMBus and VoodooI2C respectively, so you only need one enabled anyways.
Edit: You can probably disable VoodooPS2Mouse and VoodooPS2Trackpad as well. I know the VRMI docs say to leave those enabled, but those are mostly for SMBus devices.

Thank to clear for me bro