Asus X299 Mark 2 Successfully Install Big Sur/Monterey/Ventura With Clover 5150

HurricaneX

8 posts in this topic

Hey,guys!!I hv 4 disks,Each disk is successfully  installed with Big Sur,Monterey,Ventura,Win11 with bootloader Clover.Every OS is working just fine except Ventura,the problem is that The Fans R Still Working Even When Hackintosh Is Shut down.I tried to tick the Fixshutdown in Clover ACPI,but it seems that it didnt work to solve this issue at all!So could anyone help me to modify the DSDT or SSDT to fix this problem?Also I tried to switch from Clover to OC!But it seems that there r still some Bugs in my OC EFI.Could anyone help me to create or share a working OC EFI for my Specs below?I am not quite sure that I got stuck whether it is because my Kepler GPU doesn't support native UEFI to boot via OC!Check the panic photo as attached!Any suggestions?Thanks very much in advance!!😀

What's working booting with Clover:

Audio(Front & Rear)

Network(Ethernet & WiFi)

Bluetooth

Graphics(Need manual Patch)

USB

FCPX/Adobe

iMessage

Sleep(Not tested yet)

Specs:

OS(Clover): Windows 11 22H2 Pro for Workstation + macOS 11.7.2/macOS 12.6.2/macOS 13.1
Processor: Intel Core i9-7900X @3.30 GHz
Motherboard: Asus TUF X299 MARK 2 (BIOS Ver. 2002)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN 6G (Patched by Kepler Patcher or OCLP after macOS 11)
SSD:Samsung 980 PRO NVME / Samsung SATA 3.0 870 QVO 1T / Samsung SATA 3.0 870 EVO 500G
RAM: 80 GB 3200 MHz DDR4
Audio:  Realtek ALCS 1220A 8-Channel Audio CODEC
Network/WiFi+Bluebooth: Intel I219V + BCM943602CS

Clover EFI:https://drive.google.com/file/d/11azRg8OeKKb_jlKAvg8PYjl8klER3CvT/view?usp=share_link

OC EFI(Not working):https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VfWvKhDSMKCreQFB1KpdeRMnYos1y4c0/view?usp=share_link

Screenshot 2022-12-10 at 12.26.59 AM 拷贝.png

Screenshot 2022-12-12 at 1.06.05 AM 拷贝.png

Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 1.33.01 AM 拷贝.png

Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 1.37.16 AM 拷贝.png

1758921390_WeChatImage_20221227110316.thumb.png.04a62cd96d0db91fe68900c0e283e70c.png

Edited by HurricaneX
  • Like 1

So it's not shutting down properly, I've got a pretty similar build, maybe this will help you out.

I had a quick look at your kexts folder on Google. First thing I would do is ditch either TSCAdjustReset or CpuTscSync. They both do the same thing, that may solve the problem right off.

You don't need SMCLightSensor or SMCSuperIO and likely not AppleMCEReporterDisabler. They're likely not the cause of the problem, but it's always best to clean it up as much as possible (eliminates other potential problems to troubleshoot)

Lastly, USBInjectAll is a work around till you create a proper USB map kext. There are lots of great "tutorials" out there on how to do that (it's not hard) Improperly configured USB can cause all sorts of glitches.

I've attached my EFI folder so you can compare them. Mine's pretty generic. The only custom kext is my USB map kext, which I also have injecting some other info (like what you are getting from AHCI_3rdParty_SATA)

Last thing, if you are going to use online updates for Ventura then you will need to use an SMBIOS for a Mac that doesn't use a T2 chip, iMac19,1 works. I normally run with an SMBIOS of iMac1,1, but when I want to update the OS I have to boot with a config.plist iMac19,1. It seems this is a Clover issue with Secure Boot. I had not had this problem till Ventura. You can pick which plist file you want to use from the bootloader screen.

EFI.zip

• Like 1

On 12/24/2022 at 5:41 AM, J Lamp said:

So it's not shutting down properly, I've got a pretty similar build, maybe this will help you out.

I had a quick look at your kexts folder on Google. First thing I would do is ditch either TSCAdjustReset or CpuTscSync. They both do the same thing, that may solve the problem right off.

You don't need SMCLightSensor or SMCSuperIO and likely not AppleMCEReporterDisabler. They're likely not the cause of the problem, but it's always best to clean it up as much as possible (eliminates other potential problems to troubleshoot)

Lastly, USBInjectAll is a work around till you create a proper USB map kext. There are lots of great "tutorials" out there on how to do that (it's not hard) Improperly configured USB can cause all sorts of glitches.

I've attached my EFI folder so you can compare them. Mine's pretty generic. The only custom kext is my USB map kext, which I also have injecting some other info (like what you are getting from AHCI_3rdParty_SATA)

Last thing, if you are going to use online updates for Ventura then you will need to use an SMBIOS for a Mac that doesn't use a T2 chip, iMac19,1 works. I normally run with an SMBIOS of iMac1,1, but when I want to update the OS I have to boot with a config.plist iMac19,1. It seems this is a Clover issue with Secure Boot. I had not had this problem till Ventura. You can pick which plist file you want to use from the bootloader screen.

EFI.zip 7.46 MB · 3 downloads

Merry Christmas!!Really appreciated all ur suggestions!!😃

Definitely It shuts down properly after I delete the one of TSCSync.kext as well as other kexts that my hackintosh doesn't need indeed.

And I created the custom USB map kext: UTBMap.kext that needs the USBToolBox.kext to work with.

Actually I can not get the online updates with Clover even the SIP is on!I just used the full installer to make it update normally via VM.But of course will follow ur suggestions to upgrade Ventura online next time!

By the way,may i hv some suggestions of the OC EFI?I just got stuck at AppleKeyStore every time when I tried to boot in macOS(Check the panic photo as attached) 

Thanks very much again for ur help!!

OC EFI:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Bw626Y0pOekdNUDEq-Bl2kixHrnjgaaZ/view?usp=share_link

USB MAP 3.png

IMG_9020.JPG

Edited by HurricaneX

On 12/25/2022 at 6:57 AM, HurricaneX said:

By the way,may i hv some suggestions of the OC EFI?I just got stuck at AppleKeyStore every time when I tried to boot in macOS(Check the panic photo as attached) 

Thanks very much again for ur help!!

I've always had better luck on my x79 and x299 rigs with Clover, on everything else I use OC, but it always seems glitchy on the x-series stuff. I'm afraid I can't help you with the error you are getting. I'm glad the other stuff was helpful!

5 hours ago, J Lamp said:

I've always had better luck on my x79 and x299 rigs with Clover, on everything else I use OC, but it always seems glitchy on the x-series stuff. I'm afraid I can't help you with the error you are getting. I'm glad the other stuff was helpful!

Same with me!!Just found that Clover is much compatible with x299 platform!Also I would be happy to share the working OC EFI with u if I work it out someday!!Thanks a lot again!Happy Hackintosh!😁

WeChat Image_20221227103203.jpg

• 6 months later...
On 12/27/2022 at 4:31 AM, J Lamp said:

Hi,this is the working OC EFI iam using for my x299 hackintosh now!!Also it can detect OTA update with iMac Pro SMBIOS!!Actually i found it is working much better than Clover!U may try this if u see this post!!Nice day!

1042020114_OCEFI2023.6.27.zip

• Like 1