Clover - Need help to enable CPU Power Management [HP Z440, X99/Hanswell-E] - Solved!

BillDH2k

10 posts in this topic

Update (11/3/2022) - Solved. The CPUID 0x0306C3 worked. I must have entered the string correctly previously.

=============================

Not sure if this is the right place to ask.

Clover 5150.

System: HP Z440 [C612/X79 X99], with E5-1630V3 CPU [Hanswell-E].

Had a perfect working OC setup, trying to create a Clover 5150 setup. I followed 5T33Z0's Github guide, converted the OC settings to Clover, as much as I could. Also had to resort to use Clover Configurator (latest version), after a couple of manual editing attempts failed to boot. 

Now I can boot up Big Sur, and all appeared to be working, except no CPU Power management.

Under OC, all I had to do was to fake CPU id as: C3060300

Under Clover, my choice was: 0x0306F2  ( Note: I tried 0x0306C3, but Clover boot would hang).

I've attached my config.list bellow.

image.png.c3b7b440666a2d9c774f734fef1c31fa.png

Please help if you know how to resolve this.

Thanks!

config-Z440.plist.zip

Edited by BillDH2k
Corrected typo - X99 not X79

I booted Monterey on X79 motherboard with CPU E5-2560v2, IvyBridge-E with Clover 5150.

Key features are:

1. boot-arg="npci=0x3000"

2. Quirks: TscSyncTimeout=750000. Other quirks are strictly as in WiKi.

3. kexts: FakeSMC v3.5.3, VoodooTSCsync v1.1, RealtekSL1000. That's all. No Lilu, WhateverGreen etc.

4. Edited DSDT for reduce a number of sockets (SKC0, ...) and Processors 0..15 as I have 8 cores and 16 thread.

5. BIOS editing. 

It appears that for this motherboard I have to set "Above 4G decoding" to "Disable" else sound will be absent.

1 hour ago, Slice said:

I booted Monterey on X79 motherboard with CPU E5-2560v2, IvyBridge-E with Clover 5150.

Key features are:

1. boot-arg="npci=0x3000"

2. Quirks: TscSyncTimeout=750000. Other quirks are strictly as in WiKi.

3. kexts: FakeSMC v3.5.3, VoodooTSCsync v1.1, RealtekSL1000. That's all. No Lilu, WhateverGreen etc.

4. Edited DSDT for reduce a number of sockets (SKC0, ...) and Processors 0..15 as I have 8 cores and 16 thread.

5. BIOS editing. 

It appears that for this motherboard I have to set "Above 4G decoding" to "Disable" else sound will be absent.

Hi @Slice, is there any chance to get your x79 EFI?  😇 

8 hours ago, anerik70 said:

Hi @Slice, is there any chance to get your x79 EFI?  😇 

No problem, I will upload it at evening when I will be at home.

But my hardware differs from your, my EFI will not work on your computer. My DSDT is not same as your DSDT. You should study how to edit DSDT for your needs.

9 hours ago, Slice said:

No problem, I will upload it at evening when I will be at home.

But my hardware differs from your, my EFI will not work on your computer. My DSDT is not same as your DSDT. You should study how to edit DSDT for your needs.

Of course!

@Slice  I have solved the problem, by using CPUID 0x0306C3 (like the OpenCore counter part). I must have not entered it correctly (was using Clover Configurator). This time, I entered the value manually into config.plist, and doubled check other settings. 

Next, I will try to boot Monterey with DELL T5810 with Clover 5150, per you your suggestion with edited DSDT.

Thanks for your help!

• Like 1

• 8 months later...