Customizing the PCI Cards scene?

Halian Tesaukan

6 posts in this topic

Hey all! How do I customize the PCI Cards scene of About This Mac? Right now it shows the correct number of slots for a MacPro7,1, but with none of them occupied; I'd prefer for it to show the correct number of slots for my actual desktop (2 x16 + 1 x4), with the first x16 slot occupied by my graphics card.

5 hours ago, Slice said:

Thanks, but I'm using OpenCore, not Clover.

@Halian Tesaukan

First, please add a signature to your profile (Account details >> Signature).

Do you want to customize PCIe tab or Memory tab or both?

Do you have MacPro7,1 SMBIOS? If it's so, RestrictEvents.kext fix this tabs in About this Mac. If you are now using CustomMemory in config.plist, you must remove it when using RestrictEvents.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@Halian Tesaukan

First, please add a signature to your profile (Account details >> Signature).

Done.

Do you want to customize PCIe tab or Memory tab or both?

Ideally both. I have the first four slots of the Memory scene set up to match my computer, with the extra eight filled with dummy modules; otherwise, it shows no memory slots filled and complains about me having more than the 768 GB maximum.

Do you have MacPro7,1 SMBIOS? If it's so, RestrictEvents.kext fix this tabs in About this Mac. If you are now using CustomMemory in config.plist, you must remove it when using RestrictEvents.

I do. I've been reticent to use RestrictEvents.kext so far, but so be it, I guess.