Strange 7600Go behaviour/problem

riivo

15 posts in this topic

I have 7600 Go and used Natit_Uni_1.0.pkg to install Natit.

I booted with -v -f, it loaded the kexts, loaded Natit (with unknown model and twice for some season), then it waits for about 10 seconds and after that one of two things happen:

1. The screen goes black. But desktop still loads, as I'm able to do a "blind" shut down.

2. The desktop appears with resolution of 800x1280, though my display's native reso is 1280x800. It's quite impossible to do anything with that reso.

While I hope that I could override the resolution with "Graphics Mode" boot option, is there any way to get the desktop appear _every time_ it boots?

I did some more testing and eventually got it working with this guide: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry250023

First time I followed this guide I thought that the Natit version doesn't matter, but somehow the only version that works for me, is Natit_Dual_0.2.

I replaced all NV*, ATI*, GeForce* and OpenGL.framework from the original 10.4.8 Combo Update and then added Natit_Dual_0.2. I didn't have to edit any of these.

Anyway, it has booted with right resolution for 3 times out of 3, so I'm quite happy :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a Nvidia 7600Go like you, if I understand well , you have your 7600go works with Natit_Dual_0.2 on Mac OS 10.4.8. But you don't say if QE/CI is enabled on this card.

Is the case ?

Thanks for reply.

Symbion

My spec :

Asus F3JM-AK005H

CPU: Core duo T2500

RAM : 2Gb

HD :120Go Sata

GPU :Nvidia 7600 Go 512 MO

Screen : 15,4 1680x1050@60

Mac OS 10.4.8 Kernel 8.4.1

512 mb nvidia cards dont work with titan/natit

Ehehe...

I have a 512 MB card and it works! Its also recognized as a 512 MB card in system profiler...

So the VRAM is not the problem...

i have the go 7600 as well. but i cant get it to work without getting a black screen.

im running 4.8 with the latest semthex kernel.

i tired the same method that riivo did but no luck.

any help would be appreciated.

As said above, Natit doesnt work with 512mb Nvidia cards especially the 7XXX series, Although their is one case of it working on a 7900GTX. I have a 7600 gs, and I have tried Natit and titan. I couldnt even get Macvidia to work to change resolutions. I have tried 4.8 kexts and opengl framework with no luck. I even tried to put in my device id. All of these give me kernel panics. If someone could figure a way out to get it to work it would be really nice :thumbsdown_anim:

As said above, Natit doesnt work with 512mb Nvidia cards especially the 7XXX series, Although their is one case of it working on a 7900GTX. I have a 7600 gs, and I have tried Natit and titan. I couldnt even get Macvidia to work to change resolutions. I have tried 4.8 kexts and opengl framework with no luck. I even tried to put in my device id. All of these give me kernel panics. If someone could figure a way out to get it to work it would be really nice :(

well mine is the 128mb card.

so there should be some sort of resolution for it