Opencore 0.8.3 killed HDMI audio on Intel NUC10. Please fix.

Consistency

6 posts in this topic

Guest ricoc90

AudioDxe, which the changelog refers to, has zero relation to audio within macOS but is used to play the bootchime. I don't see why that would "kill" HDMI audio.

Something was changed in the OpenCore.efi since there's no AudioDxe in the intel nuc 10 releases. I narrowed it down to the OpenCore.efi after switching files between 0.8.2/0.8.3 intel-nuc-10 releases and rebooting many times. The HDMI audio works using 0.8.2 and the latest AppleALC.

Releases · hackintosh-efi/intel-nuc10 (github.com)

Edited by Consistency

Guest ricoc90

I mean, alot has been changed in OpenCore.efi, that's for sure but I guess you are misunderstanding what OpenCore is. It has nothing to do with audio. It is more likely that your issue is with AppleALC and according to the repo you have linked they did change the codec ID from 23 to 24. You might want to change it back to 23. If that does not help then you might want to go to acidanthera's bugtracker

I've always used alcid 24 even before the intel-nuc-10 repo was updated and therefore this is irrelevant. I took the intel-nuc-10 0.8.2 release and simply exchanged the OpenCore.efi with the OpenCore.efi in the 0.8.3 release. The 0.8.3 opencore.efi kills the HDMI audio.

Opencore.efi loads the kexts in the kext folder and therefore something has change in the 0.8.3 opencore.efi to prevent HDMI audio from being loaded.

Now I'm running 0.8.2 with the latest AppleALC(alcid 24) and HDMI audio works.

Thanks for the link to the bugtracker. Couldn't seem to find it.

Edited by Consistency

Hello! Could you please upload your EFI folder and your Kernel Collection (grab it from /System/Library/KernelCollections/BootKernelExtensions.kc) (in private message)? We might, or might not, be able to help depending on what kind of errors we got. Thanks!

Edited by PMheart