Playing with predator Desktop g3610 6 series i7 2600

4 posts in this topic

Managed to get everything working pretty good except sleep and PM with clover but going back and forth trying to get OC to get past the beginnning EB list startbs is challenging.

Could be a problem that the catalina is not on an ssd but rather a 100 gb HDD? Rather surprised that its managed to get as far as it has. Holding off going past 10.15 using the nvidia gt 630 on that machine so far.

This machine is using  a brcm4360 which I had working but somewhere got it unrecognized through trying different things.   TBC... Finally was seeing that the wifi is natively supported in 10.15, so I take out the AirportBrcmfixup kext and the wifi works. Not sure what happened as to why it worked with that kext before. Went and saw there were some mixed versions of lilu and friends but did not fix the wifi till taking out the Brcm kext.

Did a run through with corpnewts usbkext but the sleep did not get fixed. Will have to do it again having forgot I have an extra usb3 card on this machine.  Got FL1100 for the card and EJ167 for onboard usb3 then the EUSB and USBE C200. Tried an old patch on the dsdt for usb wake in clover but it seems those are not working in 10.15. Also had tried the SSDT_GPRW and its patch as well. Had no success with it  on the haswell laptop running OC either.

Funny that the new bios they give you for these arent flashable? The size does not match the ROM. Seems the files they give for the model should work?

Edited by chummdoggin

Guest ricoc90
2 hours ago, chummdoggin said:

Could be a problem that the catalina is not on an ssd but rather a 100 gb HDD?

Installing macOS on a HDD is completely fine and shouldn't be the cause of any issues.
"EB list startbs" is typically a matter of OpenCore misconfiguration.

10 hours ago, ricoc90 said:

Installing macOS on a HDD is completely fine and shouldn't be the cause of any issues.
"EB list startbs" is typically a matter of OpenCore misconfiguration.

Got open core running on the ivy bridge machine with really no problem.  Dortanias guide really helped yet this other systems been tough. Loaded up the debug version to try to solve with the MMIO whitelist stuff and

only came up with two pci addresses. Tried blocking them one by one but that did not work. There are a lot of variables to watch so kind of tricky without really slowing down.

• 3 weeks later...

Got the machine to boot on Open core but so far the clover setup is better. There was some setting I found that made OC boot the 10.15, cant think of it at the moment. 

The sleep on OC needs work though, so does clover. Got clover to sleep but not wake the display. I see in IOreg the connectors are not right but not sure how to fix that.

The OC sleep puts the machine into more an off state wakes but theres no disk activity on wake either. 

Those are really at the moment all that is needed. Could not get the OC GUI to work yet, kind of stumped whats going on there. Have done so many tries, I have no idea.

Edited by chummdoggin