USB -> Unplug, then Replug to work. WTF?

Puchito

9 posts in this topic

On every single boot I have to unplug my usb mouse and keyboard, and re-plug them for them to work. Granted it's not critical, but it's getting old fast. I'm running Jas 10.4.8 AMD SSE3 Test1.

My specs:

DFI LanParty SLI-DR Expert

Athlon 64 X2 4800+

2 GB RAM OCZ Platinum

Seagate Sata 250

WD PATA 160

XFX GeForce 7900GT

Any ideas will be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanx! :)

• 2 weeks later...

There's an option in the BIOS you need to fiddle with. The keyboard and mouse (if USB) will become nonresponsive during the acronis boot loader, but will work without needing to be repluged once you get to Windows or MacOS. I can't remember the BIOS option, but I switched it when I overclocked my Ultra-D, and now it's all spiffy. However, it also made it to where if I have my iPod plugged in at boot, it won't get beyond the POST screen.

My USB settings:

OnChip USB: V1.1+2.0

USB Memory Type: SHADOW

USB Keyboard Support: Disabled

USB Mouse Support: Disabled

USB Park Mode: Disabled

USB TD Reads: ISO Queue

USB Periodic Data Reads: ISO Queue

USB Asyn Data Reads: non-ISO Queue

See if it's one of those.

Edited by teejayhoward

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
try /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/A/Resources/reenumerate vendorid,prodid

where prodid and vendor id are available from about mac -> more

i put this in /etc/rc to start

i know this tread is old, but i am having the same problem, can someone explain the quote, im new to mac and cant seem to find /etc/rc i only see /ect/rc.common and /ect/rc.netboot. where should i put the line /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/A/Resources/reenumerate vendorid,prodid??