Upgrading the GPU to NVDIA T600

$tealth

9 posts in this topic

Hi there, 

I need some suggestions since I am upgrading my computer. I need to install a new graphics card for my computer. I have faced the attention on NVDIA T600 card since it have 4 HDMI port. Please suggest will it work on macOS Catalina ?

With Regards 

Stealth

The WX3200 is a lexa chip which is not supported. Some reported success in spoofing the ID but a better solution would be to go with a baffin chip like the WX4100 which is of the same size.

Edited by rafale77

Got it. The country that I live in the Raedon Wx 4100 is not available and its quite expensive. How about the display docking station like Dell D6000s. I just want to do some productivity work on my Hackintosh that is all nothing heavy. 

Salut @Hervé,

The WX3200 is a Lexa core. Polaris designates a family of chips which includes the

Baffin aka. Polaris 21 -- 3,000million transistors, 123mm2 (RX460, RX560, WX4100 and some rare odd RX550 with disabled shaders)

Ellsmere aka. Polaris 20 -- 5,700million transistors, 232mm2 (RX470, RX480, RX570, RX580, WX5100, WX7100, RX560XT)

Lexa aka. Polaris 23 -- 2,200million transistors, 103mm2 (RX540, RX550, RX640, WX3xxx, WX2xxx)

Vega M aka. Polaris 22 (iGPU for intel)

and a couple of Polaris 3X ones. (RX590)

The WX3200 is just a 640 shader version of the WX3100 which is equivalent to the Radeon 550X 640SP aka Lexa Pro.

Checking on the specs, you can distinguish them from their die size and transistor counts.

And yes like several other reports, I have read people have been able to spoof their lexa GPUs (WX3200, WX3100, RX550, RX640) into a Baffin and got it somewhat working on their hack.

Edited by rafale77
  • Like 2

@HervéThank you for your all suggestions in appreciate it. After going thru all the reading material that you have provided i have decided to go with Nvdia GT 710 or 730 graphics card made by Asus with low profile nature with 4 HDMi port that serves my purpose. The face that i am able to to Run MAcos Monterey on it I think apple will support a Monterey till Oct 2024 and even after that . As l ong as i am able to run my software and everything i am not worried about the new versions of MAcos Like Ventura and future OS 

9 hours ago, Hervé said:

Not sure who is more to blame for this confusion, AMD or Techpowerup. We have the chip architecture: GCN4.0. The Chip Family: Polaris. The Chip code name: Lexa, Ellesmere and Baffin and the mish mash which is the commercial name of the chip Polaris XX. And then we have the cards which sometimes have the same name but actually have different chips while the same chip is on different cards... I took me a while to figure this out as I was looking for a card to buy.

@$tealth, That doesn't sound too good. As @Hervé alludes to, Monterey doesn't support this card. I though the last version of MacOS support for any nVidia was High Sierra and it was limited to very old Kepler/Pascal cards but apparently there is still some support for Big Sur. You might want to reread the links @Hervé posted. This one in particular: https://dortania.github.io/GPU-Buyers-Guide/modern-gpus/nvidia-gpu.html#kepler-series-gk106-variants

Edited by rafale77
  • Like 1