Need DSDT Edit to Make SSDT for PNLF Device

mnfesq

15 posts in this topic

Hi @MaLd0n

3-4 years ago, you helped me edit my DSDT to disable dGPU and other fixes.  I still use my custom DSDT in OC even though they say not to do it.  When I use the DSDT in OC, I do not get hardware acceleration for HEVC with my iGPU (Intel UHD 620).  When I disable the DSDT in OC, I get hardware acceleration for HEVC.  However, when I disable the DSDT, the PNLF device is no longer recognized (I have it in SSDT-PNLF.aml) and my backlight is too dim and cannot be adjusted.  I have attached my ACPI directory.  Can you please take a look and see what is in the custom DSDT or custom SSDT's that makes the PNLF device work?  in my config.plist, I have an ACPI patch to rename all GFX0 to IGPU so that, when I disable my DSDT, the IGPU device name should still work.  Thanks for your expertise in these matters.  Let me know if you need to review anything else.

ACPI.zip

• Like 2

Thanks MaLd0n!

It wouldn't boot at first but I made some changes to the config.plist and got it to boot.  So far, everything is working as good as or even better than before.  I think there are many kexts and boot args I don't need but it will take me some time to trim the installation to just the essentials.  Good work!

P.S. - I could not send the RunMe or IOReg since each of them were over 10 MB but here's my config.plist

config.plist.zip

Edited by mnfesq

48 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

Will do.  In the meantime,  what do you suggest to fix instant wake from sleep since there is no DSDT to edit:

Spoiler

log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason"

2022-06-16 11:17:35.686568-0700  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)

2022-06-16 11:17:35.686570-0700  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)

2022-06-16 17:10:18.052372-0700  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: PWRB (User)

2022-06-16 17:10:18.052374-0700  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: PWRB (User)

2022-06-16 19:01:58.319221-0700  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: GLAN

2022-06-16 19:01:58.319223-0700  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: GLAN

2022-06-16 19:47:40.244292-0700  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: GLAN

2022-06-16 19:47:40.244294-0700  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: GLAN

1 hour ago, MaLd0n said:

Wirh sendme we can fix all

I tried sending it but don't know if you got it yet.  If not, let me know and I will post a link for you to download it.  Thanks.

6 hours ago, mnfesq said:

I tried sending it but don't know if you got it yet.  If not, let me know and I will post a link for you to download it.  Thanks.

send me via pM with google drive or other services like that ;) 

Here's the new DSDT you compiled for me.  

DSDT.aml.zip

It works great in Monterey but will not boot Ventura.  I've tried a variety of things to fix the problem but I get into a graphics loop where the IGPU keeps retrying to load the driver.  Here's a photo of the problem:

IMG_6243.thumb.jpg.26f46de4422e327f5ca1944f5f362754.jpg

The sleep problem was fixed by the new DSDT and everything seem to run well in Monterey (except that it seems like the power button does not bring up the shutdown/restart/sleep menu sometimes.). It would be nice to be able to boot Ventura as well.  BTW, my old DSDT worked perfectly except for HEVC hardware acceleration.  That one is in the first post of this thread.

Edited by mnfesq

1 hour ago, MaLd0n said:

for ventura use -igfxvesa for now, after installation u can solve video problem

I have Ventura already installed and it works fine with my other DSDT.  With my new DSDT, I can now boot into Ventura when I use -disablegfxfirmware but that makes -wegnoegpu stop working.  I see my Nvidia GPU in system information and I lose my PNLF device.  However, Monterey is still working pretty well.

I've uploaded a new SendMe zip.  Check your P.M. for the download link.

Edited by mnfesq

I installed the EFI folder you sent to me and it seems to be working PERFECTLY!  Thanks very much.  Should I run into any problems as I test out all of the features, I will post them here.

On 6/18/2022 at 7:35 AM, MaLd0n said:

stay with this efi folder. clean. ;) 

My old DSDT worked so well for so long that I do not know what all the new kexts and boot arguments are for.  I have some catching up to do.  In the meantime, I converted the OC setup you created to Clover since I like to be able to run both.

Edited by mnfesq
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

My old DSDT worked so well for so long that I do not know what all the new kexts are boot arguments are for.  I have some catching up to do.  In the meantime, I converted the OC setup you created to Clover since I like to be able to run both.

ye

have same patches, etc

we just update all